Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm enjoying Umbrella Academy. Anyone else watching it?

Comment

• It was a good show for them to prove that they don't need marvel. I just wasn't keen on how they ended the season.

Comment

• Ah fair enough. I'm not at the end yet.

Comment

• Not exclusive to Netflix, but I watched Das Boot for the first time last night.

Went in expecting a bit of a slog but it's not at all. It's actually really good and very tense.

Comment

• im 6 episodes in on umbrella academy....really liking it even with the changes from the the comic.

klaus is my favorite so far....though cha-cha and hazel are a hoot too

Comment

• To be honest most of the characters when they interplay are funny, it's just a shame they had limitations on the scenes five was allowed in due to his age.

Comment

• I didn't think the end was too bad. Better than Crimes of Grindlewald.

Comment

• Watched a couple episodes of Umbrella Academy, it was written by the lead singer from the band My Chemical Romance apparently. It's pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
                    To be honest most of the characters when they interplay are funny, it's just a shame they had limitations on the scenes five was allowed in due to his age.
                    his age? he is a 58 year old man......

Comment

• Originally posted by unclecid View Post

his age? he is a 58 year old man......
                      yeah but the actor wasn't so they had restriction in place when filming, still felt like he got to do less than hit girl in the original Kick Ass, but then her parents wouldn't even let her say the name of the film.

Comment

• finally got around to finishing umbrella academy.
                        REALLY liked it.
                        cant wait to see what they do with it next season

Comment

• Nightflyers is a good sci-fi series on Netflix, It's based on George R.R. Martin's novel.

Comment

• which will not get a second season.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Burglar View Post
                              Not exclusive to Netflix, but I watched Das Boot for the first time last night.

Went in expecting a bit of a slog but it's not at all. It's actually really good and very tense.
                              All subjective of course but I think it suffers by not being able to escape comparison to the original, and given they've done that themselves via the name they've only themselves to blame. The original was a gritty concise seat of your pants depiction of life on a U boat, this latest version has elements of the same overly dressed in plot lines and soap opera level dramatics - and the obligatory 'shoehorned in to show our woke credentials' same sex relationship as well.

I literally gave up on this about half way through the last episode, with the nurse and baby escaping on the bus - still no idea if they made it or not but I suspect the French copper let them go. Literally couldn't sit through another half an hour to see the series out. The crunch point came when I double checked the episode listings and confirmed it was the last episode, at which point it became obvious there was no way they were going to tie up the various (some quite silly, looking at you here loony sub captain) plot lines and another series was undoubtedly on it's way.

Cue visions of writers coming up with more ridiculous story lines and plot twists as they try to squeeze another episode out of a cash cow (Walking Dead, definitely staring at you now).

Interesting having the English speaking actors speaking English while those around them spoke French / German though I'm not sure why they did it and I'm not sure it really worked. I could understand it if both of them had major audience pulling power and having them in it warranted the linguistical shenanigans but I only recall her from Cloverfield (and only then because one of my daughters recognised her) and even now have no idea who the British agent was.

Comment

• Ah that's annoying, I thought it was a pretty solid sci-fi series. What a surprise Syfy again cancelling shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X