• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alita:-Battle Angel.

Excellent.

Tubular.

Comment

It would be really funny if Alita outperforms Captain Marvel this weekend.
      I mean, how could the MSM perpetuate the narrative that sexist, racist trolls just hate films with strong female characters if a Japanese property featuring a female protagonist directed by a Mexican tops the box office?

Comment

well...over here ms marvel is getting way more promotion then Alita.
        i expect ms marvel will perform really well unless it is a real stinker.

speaking of.....ms marvel.....

Comment

Alita has been out for a month and has performed above and beyond expectations.
          Initial reviews for Captain Marvel are not favourable.
          Don't get me wrong, I'm going to see Captain Marvel, but the pronouncements of Brie Larson on the PR tour, and the "ghostbusters 2016" style PR that the studio attempted to replicate have not done the film any favours.
          I think it would be funny for a month old film, featuring a "strong female protagonist" to outperform the "anointed strong female protagonist" because it will completely undermine the claim that nerds object to strong female characters, an obvious falsehood when even a cursory glance at "nerd culture" shows that it has always had strong female characters who nerds had no problem with.

Comment

see...i will never understand the claim that nerds object to strong female characters....
            i mean for fucks sake....pretty much every sci-fi / fantasy comic/novel/ has strong female characters and in more then a few as the protagonist.
            this in turn has led to strong female characters and protagonists in nerd friendly tv and movies for the past 40 odd years...now granted more so in the last 20 but damn.

Comment

I knew superman and captain america in scott pilgrim but never realised she was marvel. also superman did better as Atom in Arrow/Legends.

Comment

Saw captain marvel yesterday. Thought it was really good

Comment

Working...
                X