Civ 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 6

Civilization 6 coming out soon and it looks pretty decent with some of the more intricate city building features it's got, but £50 for a game is greedy and stupid.

Ah it's £40 on other sites 38 even on Amazon... the fuck is that about..? Greedy motherfucking Steam trying to gouge customers again.
    Last edited by Boa; 07-10-16, 18:32.

£32.50 on CD key sites

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/S...For-Steam.html

Though you don't get the refund option

Comment

Amazon is always cheaper than steam......

as for those CD key sites they are a joke and dodgy as fuck, it's why they can be so cheap, they make the likes of Amazon, Google and Apple look as if they do everything above board, hell even starbucks thinks the CD key sites take it too far.

Comment

Yeah, they are the Mos Eisley of retail.

Comment

What is that cd key site then, that's a legitimate site?

I'll probably just use Amazon to be honest, day one purchase for me, what about rest of you all, you getting it?

Comment

I've used the site before and always got a working key. But like Bel says it's a dodgy way of buying games. I think they get their games through promotions and stuff and then sell them on, undercutting the legitimate retailers. Saying that, I used that site after they had a promotion through PC Gamer. I always thought PCG were trying to be squeaky clean. Maybe not.

I'll get it if I have the cash on launch. I'm still paying off that new graphics card I got.

Comment

those sites buy in poor countries or often deal in stolen keys as it lets them sell for stupidly cheap prices, ultimately the developer/publisher can disable the dodgy keys as happened with a game recently. so you are in a way taking a gamble.

Comment

I've bought off Instant-gaming before and not had any problems although pre-ordered (yes, I know, shoot me) this from Greenman. If it's even half as playable as, well pretty much any other Civ game, I'm practically guaranteed over 500 hours.

Comment

Greenman is one of the few reputable key sites going, to the point of even having UK headquarters despite the likes of Steam being based in tax havens.

Comment

I've bought a few titles off a couple of sites and had nothing but good experiences.

And I was at a large trade show in Cologne a few weeks ago and there was a guy walking around with a Kinguin.com T-shirt on, I'm guessing in a professional capacity, so it's not as though they're all underhanded and shady.

Comment

A week or 2 ago Civ 5 complete was 66pence on Steam. Civ 6 will go down a shitload at some point. Although Civ 5 is in my top 5 games of all time I can wait for a price drop for 6. Not like they take Civ 5 off you when a new game is released (although I think they would if they could) so I can still play that and be totally content.

Comment

im with CH....being the cheap old bastard that i am i will wait for a price drop....and hopefully someone will be that time have a mod that does something about the cheesy mobile style graphics which so far are the only thing i am not liking about civ6

Comment

Originally posted by Burglar View Post
                          I've bought a few titles off a couple of sites and had nothing but good experiences.

And I was at a large trade show in Cologne a few weeks ago and there was a guy walking around with a Kinguin.com T-shirt on, I'm guessing in a professional capacity, so it's not as though they're all underhanded and shady.
                          because they are companies, it all comes down to the company's ethics, it's why a lot of developers and publishers speak out against these firms more so the smaller devs as these companies operate in the grey market, they can include anything from stolen to foreign keys as the key sites instead of buying from a developer buy from whoever will give them the keys the cheapest, this is why a few of the sites got caught out a while back as the keys they bought had been stolen so the developer/publisher actually revoked the keys.

it's also why a lot of these sites charge insurance as they know there is a chance their keys are dodgy but instead of promising they work they will charge you more if you want that guarantee.

Comment

I have bought off a few different key selling sites. Never had a problem, usually now I use cdkeys.com Got about 8 games off them, never a problem.

Only time I ever had a key not work was off a legit site getgamesgo but they have gone bust and shut down now. Gamersgate are pretty good every now and again but beleive it or not, I manged to get Dragon Age Inquisition for £5 off Game of all people on download.

Comment

Mostly I'l wait for a price drop, especially on FPS games which, quite frankly, have limited replayability (at least for me).
                              But good strategy games really don't seem to age to the same extent (hell, I still play the original Alpha Centauri from time to time) and so don't feel quite so compelled to get the best price when it comes to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X