others just look a bit strange

Click image for larger version

Name:	armour 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	11898
    Attached Files

Comment

God, I can't seem to get past the opening cut scene. It takes forever and after getting through it yesterday and losing connection with the server almost instantly it now wants to play it for me again! Tempted to give up early.

Comment

You shouldn't be having any connection losses. I haven't had any at all and yesterday I played for 3 hours while Skyrim was downloading on STEAM and I had a radio station streaming as well - didn't even have any lag issues.

Do you have a bad connection or did you start playing just before the servers went down for maintenance or something like that?

I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this actually. I'm level 18 now, and level 20 is the max you can reach with the trial version. I think I'll probably end up buying it, because for £9.99 (which includes the first month of subscription) I'm sure I'll play it for at least a month.

Comment

I've been getting some bad pings in counterstrike recently, so it might be the connection.

Comment

Has anyone played around with the classes? Just wondering if any have proven more fun than others? I'm enjoying the game (only at level 4 though).

Comment

when you get to 10 you can go to any guild and try any classes and level them all independently of each other and swap at will (just by changing gear) there are also benefits to doing other classes since at a higher level you can cross use abilities and they are also used to unlock advanced jobs, but the lower level classes will always get a bonus to exp as long as they aren't the highest level class you have. obviously tho you can only learn the ones in the main city you are in so you need to get the quest where you can travel to the other cities to get access to all of them.

but for me I've been enjoying rogue/ninja, but rogue you need to be level 10 and in limsa before you can learn the class, (the guild is hidden behind a doorman down in the docks) then for ninja (advanced job) you need 30 rogue and 15 pugilist, then you do some quests and get a ninja soul gem.

Comment

cool. Yeah I enjoyed the rogue-equivalent in GW2. I think I'll stick with my mage until I can try out Rogue.

Comment

I've never liked the idea of class-switching in MMO's. Dual-speccing in WoW was one of many things that started to put me off the game, even though I could see the use for it. I believe everybody should have a role and know it. Who do you want healing your group in a dungeon? Someone who has leveled and played (and therefore knows) a pure healer, or someone who spends most their time doing DPS and switches to healing?

I had two characters in WoW. A Paladin healer and a Death Knight tank. I played the healer as a healer (even leveling up in a healing spec) and the tank as a tank (again, even when leveling up). The result was an awesome healer and an awesome tank. Then dual spec came out and all of a sudden everybody was a healer or a tank and there was a noticeable drop in the quality of healers and tanks in the game. Before dual spec there were proper healers and proper tanks, we knew what was what.

Even better than that we knew who was who, because there was no cross-server dungeon finder. Everybody got to know everybody on a server. You could say yeah, he's a good tank, he's a good DPS I've done stuff with him before, that fucker is a ninja looter so put the loot under the control of someone trustworthy before we fight the bosses, that little fucker doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and blames the healer for being shit everytime he fucks it up and wipes us all, kick him right now.

Aye, the good old days when everything were how it used to be and not like it is now. Them was the days you know. They was the days.

Comment

ah but dayve to be a good tank/healer you need a second class to get to the advanced jobs, not to mention unlocking the cross class skills that will benefit you.

http://www.ffxivguild.com/ff14-job-requirements-arr/

Comment

So are you still playing this? what are your thoughts after over a month of playing it?

Comment

I've been playing it on and off for quite a while, just haven't had a lot of time with it.

Comment

Been playing too much WOW past 3 months.. I think I've burnt out again..

Comment

I've been tempted to try WoW again but don't want to pay for WoD.

Comment

yeah 20 quid it was when I got it.. I haven't paid any subscription though, been paying for it with gold.

Comment

Working...
                              X