No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I've been rushing through the things I have to do all day so I can get back home and play it. If that's still happening after my 14 days is up I'll buy it.

Comment

I never enjoyed it that much a while ago, it was only when I really slowed down and got into the story it pulled it together for me and made the game way more enjoyable, instead of my usual method of rush for the end game.

Comment

I've never rushed for the end game in MMO's. My favourite part of any MMO is leveling up and doing the quests along the way. I think I was the only person I've ever met who actually did and read every single quest in World of Warcraft. Everybody else used to just pick them up 5 at a time and use a quest tracker to power-level. I actually read each one and followed all the stories.

I enjoyed feeling like I was part of the world. I could walk through every single area and every house I went past I could think "I helped that guy get some ointment for his pigs infected anus" or whatever it was I did. I was part of the world man. I liked that.

Comment

I'm not sure how to get a registration code. Am I being dense?

Comment

Originally posted by Alm View Post
            I'm not sure how to get a registration code. Am I being dense?
            Exit the client and log in again. It did that with me and I was stumped as well, but you don't/can't have a registration code for a demo.

Comment

If you do it through steam the keys work in a messed up way, its why if you buy one bit on steam you have to buy it all on steam.

Comment

Cheers guys! I'm hoping to enjoy this game. Must keep expectations low though, i'm not usually a fan of mmos.

Comment

Keeping expectations low is the key to happiness in life. I expect horrendous things to happen each day when I wake up. I expect to die, I expect my loved ones to die, I expect unexpected huge bills I can't possibly pay without getting myself in to debt, I expect my knob to fall off, I expect it all. And when you spend any length of time watching Liveleak you'll see that all these things (and worse) CAN happen to you. You can be walking down the street, on your way to buy a bottle of milk, and your knob can fall off. You can be going for a walk and a car could lose control and hit you in such a short space of time that you simply can't react quick enough to get out of the way. A large branch can fall off a tree and kill you instantly as you walk under it (happened to a copper going for a jog a couple of years ago). It can all happen. So I expect it. And when it doesn't happen, the day went better than I expected it to.

And if it does happen, I expected it anyway so fuck it.

Comment

Taking the piss this game is. I had a set of armour right, upper body armour like a knight, some pants (not actual armour but pants at least) and boots. Then I did two quests and got leg and feet armour that had better defence than what I was wearing. They're for the "warrior" class (though it's not exactly called warrior in this game). Look at them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-26_00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	498.1 KB
ID:	11882
                    It's a fucking pair of tightie whities and some sort of sexy prostitute boots. I'm supposed to be a tank for fuckssake. I realize that this is amusing. It is. It made me laugh. But why is this armour for a male character - a warrior no less? I can't be doing with this.

Comment

It doesn't look much like a male character tbh.

Any chance this is reactive / predictive coding? IE is your character drawn to reflect your playing style maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tartrazine View Post
                        It doesn't look much like a male character tbh.

Any chance this is reactive / predictive coding? IE is your character drawn to reflect your playing style maybe?
                        It doesn't look like a male character does it not? That's about as manly as I could make it look. All the male characters look like women. I'd shag most of them without even being drunk. Look at my character. Look at him. I'd bend him over right now.

Comment

If you thought your character looked bad, check out mine:

Comment

Originally posted by Alm View Post
                            If you thought your character looked bad, check out mine:

can't really complain about that, it's Iconic black mage armour for the series.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/B...(Final_Fantasy)

Comment

Lol, if I'm honest this is the first FF game I've played.

Comment

that's the thing FF has a very distinct style that it has carried through everything, so some things may seem strange from the outside but in reality they are part of the history of the game. (still quite comical the original FF game was designed as a swan song for a failing Square before it went under)

Comment

Working...
                                X