Merry Xmas me.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas me.......

so we are all men of a certain age (somewhere between 20 and 80) the question is what "present" have you bought yourself in the name of christmas?

I ask this as to get a relative a present that I couldn't pick up in the Lego store (or find elsewhere) I ended up buying my self this lego tie fighter https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/TIE-Fighter-75095 because it seemed a reasonable amount to get past the £50 free delivery on a £35 item.

so the question is what have you bought yourself this year or in the past in the name of christmas? as you know you wont be judged here. (apart from you lot calling me a nerd/geek for buying fake money)

Well I don't so much buy myself a present, more cheer myself up by hanging around outside the local UKIP office and wishing everyone "Happy Holidays".

Comment

I've spent quite a lot on tech this year. 4k tv, a switch, 2.1 AV system, an ipad pro and the rift. I guess they are all 1 big present to myself.

Comment

i always get myself something useful.......this year got my self an air fryer.

Comment

actifry is epic, they taste like real chips with none of the mess of real chips, they also cook sausages epicly.

on the other hand why would you buy a 2.1 AV system? seems a bit pointless unless your TV has really bad speakers (but that seems to have been fixed with newer flat panel TV's) it's no offence meant I've just never got the point of a 2.1 system, it doesn't really add anything to your viewing, at least the likes of the sound bars try to fake surround sound.

but then I say that and I know I want to buy a new set of 7 speakers for my Sony setup since I'm still running speakers from my old system as the new box and active subwoofer was expensive enough at the time when I got it, so never got around to the new speakers yet. also it seems quite hard to buy small satellite speakers without them on stands or being massive stereo speakers.

Comment

i prefer 2.1 for my pc....and the soundbar i use for my tv is made by same folks who make the tv so it works really well as my place doesnt lend itself to a proper surround system. (i live in a one room apartment over a 3 car garage.)
            i know you wernt speaking to me Bel....just wanted to put in that not everyone can use a 7.1

Comment

I know not everyone can use a true surround system, I just never got the need for a 2.1 system when the TV can generally do just as well, PC I've nearly always associated with headsets but that's mainly because of how I use to play, now I mostly game on my TV and the HDMI from my graphics card runs through my surround system, so I guess it's just I forgot about using them for a PC since monitors generally don't have speakers, never got why they don't more so now graphics cards use HDMI and can push sound over the video lead.

Comment

It mainly gets used for music tbh. Some tracks sound great through it. It's slightly better than my tv at low volumes when watching films etc.

I used to have a 5.1 but it's a bit overkill for my room space currently.

Comment

@Bel my main monitor has an audio out jack so i run my headphones off that via vid cards hdmi and then my 2.1 is plugged into mobo.
                  it is easy to switch between the two as needed.

Comment

A quick one on PC sound, is there a way to get multiple screens to work on a single HDMI for the sound, as if I use dual screens the only sound is from the TV as it runs through my audio setup, but anything on the standard DVI monitor won't pass sound, the only work around is with my sound card using coaxial/fiber then all sound goes that way but there has to be a way to get all sound to the single HDMI lead I just can't seem to find it.

Comment

I only have one HDMI out on my PC. I'm guessing you have tried the playback menu? I can pick HDMI from that (currently my rift is plugged in there). Click image for larger version

Name:	sound.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	21049

Comment

Yeah my default is HDMI but I don't know if it's a problem caused by the Nvidia driver or what it still only seems to throw sound from the video over HDMI.

Comment

Working...
                        X