Here we go again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again.

I know what I mean and I mean what I say, there will be no general election until 2020.:- Theresa May.

So now that we are very cleverly holding the 2020 election in 2017, which party do you plan on voting for (Again, will probably do another poll after the election where we can see if the 8 weeks of lies and disinformation actually has an effect on the manner in which people vote)
    Tories
    14.29%
    Labour
    28.57%
    Lib Dems
    14.29%
    Greens
    14.29%
    SNP
    0%
    Plaid Cymru
    0%
    Other
    28.57%
    UKIP
    0%

same as always for me no one worth voting for so might just wipe my arse with the ballot and return it. (unless someone says they are going to tell people to fuck off over diesel cars so I don't have to replace mine before they make it worthless)

Comment

Well I don't know at the moment. Corbyn is surprisingly despised by a lot of people who ridicule and insult him at every opportunity they get, I can't see them voting Labour, but who do they vote for, the conservatives..? I cannot see Corbyn getting anywhere at this moment in time,but tv broadcasts and debates do wonders for leaders popularity. I remember watching Corbyn in the first Labour leadership and he was a write off, this far too old guy who shouldn't be leader, but he wiped the floor with those he debated with in that labour election, I do feel he seems to be repeating himself a bit much though in recent speeches, it seems less his thoughts and views and a more restrained version of what he would like to be saying.

Realistically though I would probably vote Labour.

Comment

I'm pretty certain it's going to be a Tory Whitewash. And the fact that such a weak candidate for such a weak party is going to storm it is a damning indictment of every single other party in the country.
        Corbyn has been massively mistreated in the press (although that didn't hurt Trump), but whilst the press seem to also be going through the ringer at the minute, people still seem to believe them when they say things they already believe (immigrants cause all the problems, the Tories will protect the economy, Assad gassed his own people ¬¬.) That said, I don't see Corbyn as a PM.
        He clearly cannot control his own party, how can he be expected to control the country (although, lets face it, the parliamentary Labour party are completely out of touch with actual labour voters).
        Almost certainly, my vote will be wasted on either the Greens or the Lib Dems (more likely the Greens, Tim Fallon makes me shudder) depending on which party disappoints me the least.

Comment

A very shrewd move by May, no one stands a chance of beating her.

My Brexit related instinct is to vote Lib Dems. Don't really know anything about the Greens so will have to look into them.

But I've moved since the last election and haven't registered yet, and UKIP were kept out by one vote in my last borough so I don't know whether I should stay and fight the good fight there.

Comment

I might protest vote Corbyn.

Comment

That's probably what will happen now, Corbyn will probably win out of some protest vote to take the piss out of the whole process. Far crazier things have happened, I wouldn't have thought Trump had a chance throughout the majority of the presidential campaign, I was even tempted to put a bet on Hillary to win, it seemed like such a certainty. Corbyn has won landslide party election victories so he must be doing something right.

Comment

I honestly don't know who to vote for. I agree with the greens ideals but I think gut feeling - that the tories are the party who will achieve the most.

I guess the corbyn protest vote is more of a "screw you universe" vote.

Comment

i vote for none of the above....just like i did here

Comment

You can't vote!
                    Except for here. We are very inclusive.
                    We even let Americans participate (you are a white male right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Alm View Post
                      I honestly don't know who to vote for. I agree with the greens ideals but I think gut feeling - that the tories are the party who will achieve the most.

I guess the corbyn protest vote is more of a "screw you universe" vote.
                      To be honest, I have the same quandry. I live in a marginal (Tory/Labour) and whilst I normally abhor those who vote against something rather than for something, I genuinely think that a Tory supermajority would be a very dangerous outcome for the majority of the population.

Comment

ya look what a super majority of liberals did to the US.....and now we get to see what a super majority of conservatives led by a non-politician will do

Comment

You do realise that Trump is a politician right?

Comment

Trump is a politician only in the fact that he was elected to office.
                            he is not a career politician like most everyone else in power in D.C.

Comment

Can get some good betting odds on Labour winning.. 20/1 It doesn't seem that unlikely them winning.. I'll stick £20 on that.

Conservatives manifesto looks like some horror story from thatcher's era, at least Labour's seem to have a bit that appeals to everyone. People who work for the NHS are unlikely to vote conservative, Army, Police, majority of working people, students.. all unlikely to vote for them and now they have alienated the elderly.. I really will be shocked if Labour do not win the general election.

Theresa May just appears weak, she's an unelected leader, she refuses to debate with Corbyn on live TV, she cannot even give a proper conversation/debate with members of the public.

The only reason I reckon will swing the election in favour of the conservatives is if too many stupid people vote based on Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                              X