Extra Manly Drinking thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Manly Drinking thread

so I have a super manly question here, who like cocktails and what are your favorites?

I'm trying to learn to mix cocktails so I have been messing around with my rather large selection of spirits, but due to it being a stunted collection with a lot of varieties of Bourbon with some Rye and Rum thrown into the mix (also have a bottle of Vermouth I bought today)

but I'm actually really loving the cocktails at the moment it's a nice change from beer and plain old jack and coke, so far I've been making things like Bucks, old fashioned and sours, altho tonight I am drinking Manhattans (the entire reason I bought Vermouth) honestly if I go to a bar I would rather buy cocktails if they serve them as you get a nicer drink.

so what manly drinks do people here like? hell I've sat drinking drinks out of martini glasses because they taste nice, I honestly don't care if it makes me look gay, I'll make it back with the Whiskey Sours.

but honestly I'm just looking for new things to try and make, but then I do ignore Vodka unless it has another spirit in to mask the taste.

I like cocktails, but I don't get into it enough to remember the obscure ones. I find that I barely taste vodka in cocktails, and I usually make them quite strong. Must've just habituated to it.

Comment

Well, on a dare, I recently tried some ginger tea.
      Had a bit of a kick to it.

Comment

some people like Vodka it's just the one spirit I can't drink without it being heavily masked.

it's the same as vermouth isn't a great taste on it's own but as an undertone with Rye and bitters it works and takes some of the heat off the whiskey. (Manhattan being 2 measures of Rye or other whiskey, 1 measure of vermouth and a couple of splashes of bitters)

Comment

used to drink all kindsa stuff....mixed or not.
          nowadays though its usually crown and a dark cola or fireball with all kinds of different things.
          still do a long island iced tea though every now and then

Comment

Never really tried much spirits or cocktails.. I like whiskey though, Southern Comfort is nice. I mainly just drink cider though, I tried this really nice brand the other day in a bar, Blind Pig it's called.. like a mixture of cider with rum/bourbon and some other flavors, possibly one of the nicest ciders I have tried.. made by Heineken also which is surprising.

I'm going away in a week or so to a festival, trying to decide what type of whiskey or spirits to take. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Get cider and jack fire tastes great together

Comment

Southern Comfort isnt really a whiskey.....it is a liquer made from grain alcohol with spice, fruit and whiskey flavorings.

now if ya get the Special Reserve that is a blend with bourbon.

Comment

Disaronno and Coke's my usual go-to tipple. It's the only circumstance under which I'll drink Coke.

Comment

I'm liking bulleit bourbon and rye at the moment.

Comment

and last night it was a gentleman's sour and to night it is gentleman's brew, apparently use gentleman's jack and you can stop being just manly because your drinking whiskey you can also be classy.

Comment

Decided to buy some honey Jack Daniels, probably mix it with lemonade or diet lemonade or sugar free lemonade or something, can't stand coke.. I find whiskey tastes foul from the first drink, but end up gradually warming to it.

Comment

make jack honey eggnog.

http://store.jackdaniels.co.uk/jack-honey-egg-nog

sounds interesting but never got round to making it.

Comment

Coffee Ice cubes dropped into some baileys with a slash of vanilla vodka.

Comment

Tried a Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemonade the other day at a festival, was lemon flavored slush with whiskey in it, sweet and tasty. Was stupidly expensive though since it was at a festival. Will have to find out how to make that.

Comment

Working...
                              X