Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Lord Walder Frey have to be a prick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Lord Walder Frey have to be a prick?

He has the best lines in Game of Thrones. Even better than Tyrion. He can't open his mouth without making me laugh until my stomach hurts. When he leaned forward and said to Robb's wife: "I always know what's going on under a woman's dress. I bet when you take that off everything stays where it is... doesn't drop an inch!" I laughed so much I woke up the next day with a rippling six pack. I am now a sex magnet. I'm red hot.

But he had to go and slaughter everyone at that wedding.

Why couldn't he be good and be in it more? And don't tell me because it's in the books.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Hound-008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	8645

It made sense for Walder Frey to betray the Starks.. Robb broke his vow to marry his daughter, coupled together with his house being looked down upon by other lords including his liege lord the Tully's. The Starks got what was coming to them, they were just too foolish and blinded by their precious honour to see it coming.

Walder Frey is a brilliant character though, I hope they bring him back into the series.

The series is well and truly butchering the books this season, I think the only stories that are going remotely well are Stannis' John Snow and Cersei... every other story is a complete fucking mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
      It made sense for Walder Frey to betray the Starks.. Robb broke his vow to marry his daughter, coupled together with his house being looked down upon by other lords including his liege lord the Tully's. The Starks got what was coming to them, they were just too foolish and blinded by their precious honour to see it coming.

Walder Frey is a brilliant character though, I hope they bring him back into the series.

The series is well and truly butchering the books this season, I think the only stories that are going remotely well are Stannis' John Snow and Cersei... every other story is a complete fucking mess.
      It's not a mess, it's just different to the books. Lots of people don't read fiction, rather they enjoy it on the television. Fuck the books.

Those of you who read the books have the best of both worlds. You have the books and the TV series. You have two different Game of Thrones, and I'm sure both are awesome.

Comment

Nah, the books has its faults at this point in the series, George RR Martin sort of lost his way with the books, a lot of things are going on, but no story lines are progressing, no story lines get finished even after 2-3 books worth of material. While the TV series is progressing the story lines at a faster pace.. they also cut a lot of the good things from the books which made them great... Such as, what the fuck happened to the Ironborn in the series, in the books there are about 5 ironborn characters (counting Theon) 2 have been cut it seems, Euron Crow's Eye and Victarion Greyjoy 2 brilliant characters, they have kept Asha, although she's not even in this series so far.

It's not bad the series isn't.. it's just I find myself thinking it silly the way they have changed so much, it's just not even done well either.. such as with Jaime Lannister's new story.. it's dull. They also killed off Ser Barristan The Bold and kept that horrible shit of an actor Greyworm alive.. Barristan Selmy wouldn't have died to such rabble as the sons of the harpy.. fucking stupid.

Another thing I hate that they have done is with Littlefinger and his story.. in the books he's a complete dark horse, he's unpredictable and doing all these things behind the scene, now they have decided to just make his story line blatantly obvious in the tv series.. it's just stupid, badly written pulp.

And they got rid of John Connington!!! Fuck sakes!!!
        Last edited by Boa; 17-05-15, 18:25.

Comment

stuff like the greyjoys can still come back, they are busy playing out the theon storyline and that could expand out to the rest of the family.

you have to remember the books and TV shows are going in a different order as the books were supposedly less linear as you got entire books jumping away from everyone we know in the TV show.

as for Jaime Lannister and his storyline I think it is interesting as it plays him as actually caring and adds depth to his character, it's the same with the fight with the sons of the harpy it stands to make massive changes to greyworm and his character as it complicates things for him a lot more, since he is a combatant basically made to have no feelings/fear.

as for little finger yes his motives are somewhat predictable, but the fact is he is playing all sides and ultimately showing that he is out for himself by playing all the people around him to forward his own agender, this is actually why I enjoy GoT as most people are in the grey, there is no black and white answer as to what is good or bad.

Comment

No one cares about Greyworm or that bint he's in love with. They're pointless characters wasting up the minutes of the great show.

Comment

you could argue a lot of the smaller characters are pointless, but really they do play a part in the larger plot. its like why be interested in some woman who was asked ages ago in the show to watch a couple of kids that have basically fucked off and are doing other stuff.

Comment

Not sure who you're talking about.. but my point still stands, Greyworm is a sponge soaking up precious minutes of the show. He and Missandei need to die horribly. I mean why didn't they kill him off instead of Barristan The Bold... another plothole, why was he going around without his armour on, he's a fucking oldschool, badass, former knight of the kingsguard and he's walking around a hostile city on the brink of revolt with no fucking armour... Just really dull, he wouldn't be doing that in Kings Landing, he wouldn't be doing that in the books.
                Last edited by Boa; 17-05-15, 21:47.

Comment

I was talking about brienne, just another seemingly pointless story, hell while we are on about it why even bother with rob stark it was just wasted time as once he died that story ended, or why bother with joffrey again it was a story that didn't really go anywhere, the fact is the smaller events lead to bigger events, greyworm may seem pointless but as one of the main advisors to Daenerys and the leader of her main fighting force he can play a much bigger role and what happens to him will ultimately play out in the way her forces act.

as for walking round with no armour, Daenerys want people to be "free" so what says freedom about her forces walking around constantly in full armour ready to slaughter them all? yes she needs a guard in place, but it is a show of goodwill that she has others walking around unarmed showing they are living in the city instead of just holding it against the will of the people.

Comment

Ah fuck off that's bullshit reasoning.. Barristan Selmy would not have gone around without armour, he doesn't do it in the books, he fights this guy in the books while he's in Mereen who didn't stand a chance against him simply because he was wearing full plate. It's just a stupid plothole.. Hey I'll wear my sword out today, but leave the armour.. it's too hot out there hahaha come on...

Comment

As someone who's not seen the latest episodes, can we not put massive spoilers in thread titles please?

Comment

Originally posted by Burglar View Post
                        As someone who's not seen the latest episodes, can we not put massive spoilers in thread titles please?
                        The thing in my title was from season 3 man dude bro.

Comment

yeah the spoiler is like 2 years ago.

also funny to see how many people are complaining about what happened to sansa, but all the murder and blood is perfectly fine.

Comment

What is there to complain about? A bit of wedding night sex violence? In the Game of Thrones universe a bit of violent rape is something you ought to be thankful for. It could be so much worse.

Comment

Probably because she sort of grew up throughout the show in real life also.. I didn't think there was anything that bad about the scene though really, really tame compared to most other things on the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X