wayward pines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayward pines

despite being an m knight shamalamadingdong thing it does actually appear as if it could be quite interesting.

its a bit like lost but instead of an island they are in a village where the people are being watched and forced to live a certain way, also showing a massive difference in time perception of people in the town, so while it does seem a bit of a mind fuck it does seem like a format that could work.

not really as it shows a lot of changes and differences, considering the other agent had been there supposedly 15 years in 5 weeks while the one helping him still thought it was 2000, so there is a lot more to it than just a bunch of people controlling it, it's the same as why drag him in while the other agent in the car was killed and all traces of him having been in the car were removed.

it is just one of those shows, it's like he left a message on his wife's voicemail but she never got it, so there is a lot more at play, it's the same with the fact they can't just find the place and the roads just loop you back in the way you left, it's got a very lost vibe to it with the way it is working and setting up what he is locked in (and the warnings on the perimeter) is actually fairly interesting as they still haven't actually covered how he is meant to fit in yet.

so while it may have similarities to the prisoner (don't see how you got the truman show considering that was designed to give one person a life while this seems to be everyone who is put in is under surveillance) but it has a lot more strange stuff going on.

Comment

but the surveillance has nothing to do with the truman show, it wasn't surveillance so much as a reality show based around one person who didn't know the world he lived in was fake. as for the dream or dead ending shamalamadingdong has already ruled that out as being the case.

as for the government being involved and someone leaving the town, people left the island in lost (because unlike what a lot of people thought they weren't actually dead in lost while on the island, the alternate timeline where the crash never happened was actually the real limbo) so it is possible, but the thing that should be taken from that conversation is they said it was too late he was already in and they are actually trying to investigate the place rather than actually running it.

honestly if you think this is anything even close to the truman show it says you either didn't get this show or totally missed the point of the truman show.

Comment

but the entire point of the truman show was it wasn't surveillance it was designed to show the life of a average man from birth to death.

as for the doctor holding a position of power, he may have but he couldn't pull him back out implying while he might be allowed to leave there is limits on what he can do.

Comment

Reminds me of that old tv series the prisoner. Seems like it could be interesting.

Comment

latest episode this is getting more interesting with how they are playing it out, altho the introduction of what is behind the wall may end up going a bit too far.

I am enjoying it, but every episode ending on a fairly big twist seems a bit strange and to somewhat segment the shows.

Comment

tonight's episode "the truth" has certainly thrown a plot twist I never saw coming, it is actually a really interesting story and it is the first show in a good while to not be predictable.

Comment

So did this get any better? I got NotTV back and was wondering if it is worth a watch.

Comment

well the village they are in and why it is closed off is actually a fairly good twist, since they didn't go the "magic" route, the twist and reason for the town being what it is and why people can't leave is good and the way they do the reveal is actually well done.

but really for it to make any sense now you need to have watched the full thing.

also at the end of this weeks episode there is quite a big game changer for the show going forward, it is a show that likes a cliff hanger on the end of every episode, but they do move the story on and can often make big changes.

bit it does actually explain a lot as it goes instead of just doing a lost and just adding question on top of question to the point they can never answer them. as said the episode the truth and the one that followed made a massive difference and pretty much explained the entirety of what the town is, why they can't leave and the reasons people are kept in the dark over what it actually is.

Comment

I can catch up, they have all the episodes on demand. Ok, that will be my evening viewing then, and episode or 2 of this then family gay.

Comment

season end was on today, good end to the season as if they show continues it really hammers home expendability of "main" cast.

all in all I would say it's a great show if you enjoy shows with a lot of twists, even the ending was a massive twist, really makes me want to keep watching it, even if it does somewhat show a cycle that is likely to repeat, but with the way it has had changes over the course of the season how it goes to say that even going into season 2 (assuming there is one) they can massively shake up things.

Comment

Oohh shit I completely forgot I was even watching this series.. I watched a good 4-5 episodes also. It's like it just fell out of my head.

Comment

that was the problem early on it did look like it was going to be one of those shows where it is a dream, they are dead or a wizard did it, but after actually explaining it, it became way more interesting. as I said it will be interesting to see where they go with it, if it gets a second season.

Comment

Spoiler: 
                            Killed off the main character that was a bit excessive
                            . It was a good series overall, some strange moments and slight hiccups from the actors, but overall it continuously managed to keep me interested and entertained by the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
                              Spoiler: 
                              Killed off the main character that was a bit excessive
                              . It was a good series overall, some strange moments and slight hiccups from the actors, but overall it continuously managed to keep me interested and entertained by the story.

Spoiler: 
                              it was actually a nice change of pace as you usually watch these shows thinking certain people are immune to death, so to kill Ethan and Pilcher it goes to show everyone is at risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X