An Arnold Schwarzenegger Zombie film that actually looks good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Arnold Schwarzenegger Zombie film that actually looks good

Fuck me, this looks .... different. In a good way.

Trailers can be deceptive. I'd love for Schwarzenegger to put on a great performance in something though and show he's still got something up his sleeve.

Comment

From what I can tell from the trailer is Arnie just needs to act old, the girl looks like she can act at least.

Comment

Surely you don't still trust movie trailers to give a fair indication of whether the film will be good or not? SURELY!? A movie trailer has one single purpose in this world: To convince you to buy the film. They have a vested, financial interest in you thinking this movie looks good and absolutely no reason to be fair or balanced in selling it to you. Therefore it cannot be trusted.

Last zombie film was made to look good by its trailer too. World War Z. Ended up being a boring, cliched turd of a film with one of the worst endings to a film I've ever seen. From beginning to end:

Brad Pitt is loving family man who has to go the extra mile to save his perfect family - cliche

Brad's daughter has asthma and very early in the film needs her inhalers but doesn't have them - cliche

Car won't start when danger is nearby, but starts fine every other time - cliche

Brad Pitt can slow down time to observe things that save his family's life but nobody else can see these things and they all die - cliche

Bad guys shooting at Brad Pitt can't hit him, he kills them in one shot - cliche

Trucks and monsters literally come out of nowhere to kill people - cliche (jump scares)

Brad Pitt goes to Jerusalem which has been walled off like a huge medieval fortress town. The people inside are singing and dancing and making all kinds of noise. When Brad Pitt arrives the noise all of a sudden attracts hundreds of thousands of zombies who climb up each other to get over the walls. Why did noise start attracting them when Brad got there but not before?

Brad Pitt and some girl he saved survive a catastrophic plane crash that kills literally everybody else on board. Am I really supposed to believe he survived that when everybody else died? Oh yeah, I am, because he's the main character. Derp.

Brad Pitt is being interrogated by man suspicious of him. Brad Pitt says he won't be able to understand what he's doing unless he has a family and asks him does he have a family. Man who is suspicious of him says no. Brad Pitt says "Then you couldn't possibly understand!". Man who is suspicious of him says "My family were all killed in the outbreak". - cliche. He said he didn't have a family, guy becomes all righteous, then he reveals that he doesn't have a family coz they're dead. Fuck off with this Hollywood. FUCK OFF WITH IT!

Brad Pitt and some other people are creeping through some lab infested with zombies, they make no noise so as not to alert the zombies. Tension. Then Brad knocks something off a table and all the zombies hear it and become alert. But the zombies make noises and knock things over themselves throughout the movie and none of them never react to it. How do the zombies differentiate between noises made by another zombie and noises made by a tasty human meal? Knocking a box off a table sounds the same whoever knocks it off. - Bullshit!

Brad Pitt finally finds the room full of potential cures. The scientists are watching him on monitors but have no way of communicating with him. They say "if he takes anything from the left he's dead". Brad Pitt, with absolutely no knowledge of what he's doing, miraculously picks the correct cure from thousands of different vials. This makes the zombies ignore him and not want to eat him. I'M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE HE PICKED THE RIGHT ONE OUT OF THOUSANDS WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT HE WAS DOING!?

FUCK!

(it does look good tho)
        Last edited by Dayve; 05-05-15, 11:22.

Comment

my understanding is that this movie is more of a drama then zombie flick.
          basically daughter catches new disease that baffles doctors and as it slowly turns her into a canabilistic zombie daddy is there by her side keeping her 'safe'.

it looks decent but dont go in expecting fast paced action.
          this is a slow moving art piece.

Comment

sounds (and looks) good.

Comment

Originally posted by unclecid View Post
              my understanding is that this movie is more of a drama then zombie flick.
              basically daughter catches new disease that baffles doctors and as it slowly turns her into a canabilistic zombie daddy is there by her side keeping her 'safe'.

it looks decent but dont go in expecting fast paced action.
              this is a slow moving art piece.
              That actually sounds like it could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

That actually sounds like it could be good.
                ya i think it will be.
                the problem is having ahnold in it.
                i think it will be a flop at the box office as word gets out that it is not a 'proper' ahnold movie.

Comment

At least they never put Bruce Willis in instead.

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                    At least they never put Bruce Willis in instead.
                    HEY NOW!
                    Bruce is the Man.
                    See Bruce fans can see him doing a movie like this.
                    it isnt out of character like Arnold.

Comment

I like Bruce in certain things, like RED for instance. But then he does stuff like The Expendables and GI Joe 2 and he just doesn't come off as a badass. A retired old guy who used to be a badass maybe.

Comment

If I live to see Arnold get nominated (not win, just nominated) for an Oscar, my life will not have been wasted!

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                          I like Bruce in certain things, like RED for instance. But then he does stuff like The Expendables and GI Joe 2 and he just doesn't come off as a badass. A retired old guy who used to be a badass maybe.
                          those were just cashing in movies like the rest of them do.
                          i like the fact that of the action hero A-listers he seems to be the only one who like to do movies where he isnt main guy but a supporting or minor role.
                          catch .44, lucky number slevin, alpha dog, the siege to name a few.

Comment

to be honest if you ever liked any of the expendable films you have no taste and they really jumped the shark with chuck norris.

Comment

Working...
                            X