Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

Well, you guys seen this? Colour me unimpressed. Man, it looked lame.

The planet worshipping superman? In 'this' day and age? The tease of the conflict, handled awfully and, well, I'm sorry- Afleck looks awful as batman. I need to see him in action to be sure but god, this looks awful.

Awful ales, awful, unrelated scenes, a stupid voice over. Utter utter garbage.

yeah it is a quite poor trailer, the early hulkbuster vs hulk tease in the first avengers trailer was handled way better and considering that is just one fight sequence in avengers it goes to show how little they care about batman vs superman as a fight.

but really the first superman film had problems and didn't really live up to it's potential so to be honest I can't see this being much different.

Comment

It's a shame, as I think he's a really good superman. Ah well it was always a weird premise, even in the books. May as well be 'man with spear vs battleship' for all the likelyhood of a decent 'fight'

Comment

it would work if they had introduced kryptonite as bats is all about planing and knowing how to go ahead with his plans, but in a world without kryptonite batman may as well just go poke a tank with a stick.

as for him being a good superman it's a shame it will most likely be the end of his career, since people who play superman seem to rarely do anything of note after it, altho Brandon Routh is trying with being ATOM in Arrow, Flash and the spin off, but he still hasnt really done much since his terrible superman film. same with Clark Kent from smallville he hasn't really done anything either. Christopher Reeves may have done more if not for his accident.

Comment

And not forgetting Dean Cain.... oh wait, too late.

Comment

i for one really enjoyed Man of steel and have high hopes(and in my mind the success or fail of this movie lies on Affleck) on this movie.
            granted i will give ya the whole vs thing never really made sense to me even in the comics.
            and im also not to sure about the worshiping thing...always a few ya but not like what the trailer is showing.
            but i like the Miller-esqe look to this Bat.
            and this is also supposed to be the beginnings of the Justice League so i doubt they will be fighting for long before they turn their attentions to Luthor.

Comment

Why on Earth do they want to have a fight anyway? Surely they're on the same side?

Comment

Batman has little man syndrome stemming from his daddy issues.

But as an aside, read on yahoo today Afleck has tired to hide the fact his family used to own slaves on some genealogy tv show. So now the role of Alfred is being cast as Wesley Snipes.

Comment

Burglar it is because superman is seen as dangerous to most groups since they can't touch him.

Comment

I don't think it looked that bad. Seems they might be going for a "Nolan realism" thing (well as real as you can get with an invulnerable flying alien). Hell if a superman like character popped up on Earth you could guarantee the theists would get their panties in a bunch over it.
                    And a fundamental aspect of Luthors character is that he thinks Superman IS bad for humanity as by depending on Superman to solve all humanities problems, it weakens mans ability to sort them out for themselves.
                    Of course, that he is a massive egotist who thinks the world show bow to him and not Superman doesn't really help, but it doesn't negate the argument.
                    There have now been three actors to play Superman on the big screen. It didn't do Reeves career any harm (certainly a lot less than horses did) and Routh was a terrible actor who only got the part because of his resemblance to Reeve. Time will tell if Cavil maintains a successful career out of this, but I can't see it doing him any harm.
                    And I also though Man of Steel was a pretty good film (pointless tornado death of dad aside)
                    As for Afleck attempting to hide his ancestry, if you discovered that your Grandad was a massive paedophile, would you want that knowledge broadcast?

Comment

If my granddad was a nonce then it is possible he could be my father too?

Comment

Is your mother eight years older than you?

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
                          Is your mother eight years older than you?

16 years could do it if you think about the logistics.

Comment

Technically a paedophile is someone sexually attracted to children. At age 16 most girls have developed characteristics, and whilst a granddad finding a 16 year old sexually desirable might be a bit nauseating, its actually biologically acceptable (not that I'm defending it or anything)
                            However finding an eight year old sexually desirable is wrong on every single perceptible level.

Comment

16 year old mother would have most likely conceived at 15 making the father likely to be legally a paedophile.

Comment

Working...
                              X