• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torrents are your friend.....

Comment

Originally posted by unclecid View Post
      torrents are your friend.....

it's how I watch most of my TV, but the fact is you shouldn't be forced to have to resort to that.

Comment

Not torrented anything since The Day After Tomorrow in about 2003-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post

it's how I watch most of my TV, but the fact is you shouldn't be forced to have to resort to that.
          true i wish i didnt have to but between lack of dvr abilities and quality issues i end up torenting most of what i watch

Comment

Fox has just started advertising this as coming on the 12th of July.

Comment

second seas is going strong, it is actually a show that is getting better and lost most of the sex/race discrimination stuff other than using it in the context of the time. Jarvis is still one of the best things in the show with his enjoying spying but still ultimately being a butler. (or is he a valet?)

Comment

on a side note how old was Jarvis when Tony was born in 1970?
                ....late 60s to mid 70s surely.

Comment

If you work on him and Peggy being around the same age, he was probably still alive enough considering Peggy was around when they defrosted the capcicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post

It's money innit. The argument would be that you have no inherent right to watch a particular show / move and it's up to the those producing it to release it (or not) in any manner they see fit - which will invariably be the way that makes most money for them.

Same reason you still get region locked DVD's and regional keys for games. We have managed to create a society where cash = success in life, which has in turn created a society in which the members prey on each other to get more of it..

Comment

Region locks are dead, majority of bluray is region free and the new consoles are as well, regional selling at this point is only being upheld by the likes of valve and a few other retailers who know they can make more profit from certain countries by forcing a regional price on them, its why the likes of steam is rarely ever the cheapest option. (Even in sales)

Comment

Whilst there are bad examples of regional pricing (Adobe being the most egregious in my own life), in general it's a good thing, as the idea is that people in countries where the average wage is much lower than our own can afford the same things at a price that's relative the thier earnings.

So rather than it being a case of them getting more money from us unlucky rich ones, it's more that they can offer an affordable price for poorer countries.

Comment

but the problem comes when you compare the £, € and $, quite often all 3 prices are the same number meaning a massive discrepancy in pricing across "rich" countries, it's the reason they are trying to get UK game prices to £60 as in europe the games are €60, basically they chose to try to increase the £ instead of bringing the € down to being inline with the £, that was somewhat comparable when taking £40 to $60. this is the problem with regional pricing sure "poor" countries should be helped, but when in the supposed rich countries, the UK and Euro zone are expected to pay $86 and $70 (respectively) the € isn't as bad as it was as around the time of the new consoles it was close to 1 to 1 but now it's about 1 to 1.30 but the UK gets stuck with the higher prices due to exchange rates.

this is why firms like Amazon get chased after by groups as they actually use regional pricing to the benefit of the customer by using secondary markets that are more reasonably priced, instead of the likes of steam who charge the regional pricing and then complain about the likes of amazon and key sites selling at a reasonable fair price as it damages their profits.

so yeah it has nothing to do with rich or poor countries, it is just a system used to maximise profits and that is why quite a few companies will defend it to the death, as if they went with fair pricing across all supposedly "rich" regions they would lose out a hell of a lot of profit, it's why in gaming now europe is the largest market as the games cost considerably more so there so profit is always higher, it's why with the launch of the X1 MS was trying hard to take Europe as it is more profitable than the US, it's also why they heavily target the UK in Europe as it is the most profitable country due to the over inflated prices.

Comment

Working...
                          X