No announcement yet.

Z Nation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I didn't care for last season of GOT, it has put me slightly off the show to be honest. They are taking liberties by changing the story slightly, I really don't like what they did with Briene of Tarth and The Hound. They ruined the character of The Hound by having that fight.. it's like one of them stupid hypothetical situations "Who would win in a fight between?" that the cunts who made the show thought was cool to add.

I didn't really care for how they played it out with Tyrion also, that could have been done so much better.

GRRM is clearly milking the series for all its worth though, the old fat bastard will be dead having not finished it now. He's writing short Game of Thrones novels within a series of other fantasy novels these days. I got one of them within the book "Dangerous Women", not read it yet though.

Comment

Isn't what happened with Tyrion pretty much what happened in the books? Could be wrong as I read them quite a while ago, which is unusual as I usually avoid anything with swords, sandals or spells (why I've never played WoW).

The books become so complex, with so many characters that I don't think rewrites for TV can be avoided. Bear in mind I doubt most viwers will have read the books.That always puts hardened fans backs up though, reminds me of the lotr fans you'd run into years ago bending your ear about Tom Bombardil not being in the films. Twats.

Personally I'd have been happy without the whole daenerys targaryen storyline, in the books and the series. It's an unnecessary distraction imho.

Comment

Yeah she has spend 4 series now doing pretty much fuck all of note.

Although Jorah Mormont and Barristan Selmy are fucking awesome. Even Daario is quite cool. Couldn't give two fuck about the her.
        Last edited by totally Not Cartoon Head; 17-09-14, 08:28.

Comment

so just watched this weeks episode and it more or less opens with a couple of references to zombieland, one with them all eating twinkies as the last of their food and another with an impressive use of a truck and the liberty bell.

seriously if anyone still thinks this is a serious drama they are deluding themself.

Comment

The clips I have seen look ridiculously silly.. we already have The Walking Dead for that.

Comment

it's probably closer to zombieland and if it can pull that off while being different enough it could work.

Comment

ok asylum have found their next big film on this "zombienado" altho quite fitting when the zombies started flying out of it you got the comment "well thats not a shark"

Comment

they have shown with the episode this week they aren't afraid to kill main characters, that alone could make this a lot more interesting as it opens up and actually adds a sense of risk to what is happening, unlike the walking dead where they only really seem to punctuate seasons with big deaths.

Comment

Is this coming to UK anytime soon then?

Comment

No clue it's syfy thing so it should.

Comment

Just watched the first episode as it started on Sky this week. I really enjoyed it, loved the Walking Dead references (about the ex cop in a prison, and the final shot of them driving into the same city as Rick did)

Comment

that's the thing, while the likes of walking dead take them self serious, this just goes all out for jokes and references so while it keeps a zombie apocalypse going, it keeps things interesting by joking on.

Comment

It has a perfect blend of humor/pop culture references and self awareness yet still manages to keep the horror part good enough to pass as entertainment. Loved the bit where the zombies were all playing dead in the lake too. Was pissing myself at the baby part and the characters are stereotypically funny. Also that black soldier guy, was he in Dogma?

Comment

Watched the first episode on Sky. Good shit.

Comment

the in jokes and cameos keep rolling

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/1...94810c7e00001a

Comment

Working...
                                X