X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic 4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Ironic.

I heard its not that fantastic, even the director has said it is crap and we will likely never see his original version before the studio messed with it.

Comment

the only reason they did this reboot was to keep the movies rights in house and away from marvel hence the low budget actors/directors/story.

Comment

I've not seen it. But its IMDB rating of 4 just stuck me as funny.
        Unless Fox's marketing department are a bit too zealous!

Comment

the problem is they have entirely changed the origins, who they are (human torch isn't related) and how everything works. they have basically just gutted it, the director has made claim that if his original version had been released it would have done much better and of lived up to the "fantastic" in its name, but the only way that version will ever come to light is if Fox decides to call his bluff and release a directors cut version.

but then Fox has always been pretty shit at making these movies, it's just a shame they can't do the same as Sony and actually let Marvel take a bigger lead, but then how that ends up is still to be seen, as while Spider man will be an Avenger Sony keeps the ability to make solo movies so it still remains to be seen how it all plays out.

Comment

It's a shame really. Fantastic 4 was one of the more popular marvel comics.. Looks like it will need to be remade again, hopefully by people who actually understand what people want from the movie adaptation.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the FF, been getting the comic for over 20 years!, and I thought the first one (with Jessica Alba and Ioan Gruffud) was a pretty accurate representation of the comic. Sure they fucked Doom up, but they handled the first family pretty well.
              In the second film they fucked up Galactus, but again the handling of the FF wasn't that bad, though the film was very sub par.
              From what I have read of this film, they have just pissed over everything.

Comment

apparently doom even has some fucked up origin in the new one. also Reid Richards doesn't stretch, he just reaches through dimensions to get the extra reach and make it look like he is stretching, so does that mean no tying people up in his arms and stuff?

Comment

Doom is pretty much my favourite Marvel character.
                  I mean, it's not like Latveria actually exists, are they worried about upsetting gypsies or something, how hard can it be to portray him on film?
                  The next reboot will probably have him as a her.
                  (Incidentally creating my perfect woman in the process!)

Comment

i read somewhere that this version of the FF is supposedly based on the Ultimate Universe FF comic.
                    not sure how accurate that is since i stopped collecting/reading in the late 90's.

all i know is i have issue with an actor getting a job ( as The Torch) just because he is buddies with the director and then them rewriting the whole Storm family dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by unclecid View Post
                      i read somewhere that this version of the FF is supposedly based on the Ultimate Universe FF comic.
                      not sure how accurate that is since i stopped collecting/reading in the late 90's.

all i know is i have issue with an actor getting a job ( as The Torch) just because he is buddies with the director and then them rewriting the whole Storm family dynamic.
                      You oppressive shitlord.
                      Yeh, they have claimed the "ultimates" excuse, but still fucked it up.
                      Quite frankly, the entire enterprise has been a failure.
                      A very high profile failure.
                      Be interesting to see if they attempt to sell the rights back to marvel early (which is doomed (guffaw) to failure as Marvel is pretty much planned out for the next decade), try and reboot again in seven years, or just let the rights expire.

Comment

Marvel has shown they can change things around, but then spider man is a massive name and gave them a really important aspect to play in civil war, as it gives a high profile hero with a hidden identity.

The is probably little way the fit the F4 in phase 3 at the moment so there would be little reason to bring them in unless they made a reason that they were needed to take on Thanos.

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19...man_shortfilms

Comment

Oooooohh 3.9, they ruined it.

Comment

just watched it, not as terrible as a lot of people went on and the Storms are related just not by blood (sue is adopted)

it is ok as a sort of action movie, but the entire film is just an origin story that got swapped around some, I think the majority of problems and complaints come from the differences to the comic, if something had been handled a bit differently it could have been a very different film and so much better, so after seeing it I would believe the director that there was a better version that got re-edited as if a few bits played out differently it would have been way better.

Comment

Working...
                              X