Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And they say movies are all fake these days...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they say movies are all fake these days...

Gotta hand it to Tom.

Actually kind of interested in this movie now.

see for all his problems he is one of the few who still tries to do a lot of his stunts. it's the main reason I like Statham as anything that is a practical skill he can learn he does.

altho Amell also does a lot of his own stunts in Arrow as after doing filming as casey jones he actually suggested that they let him have some fights in arrow with a hockey stick just so he could use his skills he learnt for turtles.

if more actors did their own stunts there wouldn't have to be so many cuts durings fights to avoid the face of the stunt men, it's more of a piss take when the likes of the rock who claimed to take part in a sport involving fighting use stunt doubles in fights during movies.

Comment

I like Tom Cruise. He makes good films (on the whole) and seems to be a decent guy. True his beliefs are batshit crazy, but aren't everyones?

Comment

Can't knock him for that. I won't even get IN a plane, let alone strap myself to the outside of one. I would have to be a sad fucker to criticise someone for doing something I wouldn't have the balls to do.

Comment

See I would love the chance to actually do that, but then I may be slightly insane.

Comment

I have a friend that argues Tom Cruise is the top movie star of all time. He came in at the top at a young age, and has stayed at the top ever since. Worked with loads of different directors, played loads of different roles, earned a fuck-ton of money, got plenty of good movies under his belt.

I find it hard to disagree.

Comment

Harrison Ford? Katherine Hepburn? Spencer Tracey? Orson Wells? John Cusack? Meryl Streep?
              Modern Stars really havn't had the time to properly show their stuff.
              But mostly they are a bit shit.
              Being pretty seems to be the most important thing nowadays, could you imagine Woody Allen getting a career now? Or Bette Middler? Dustin Hoffman?
              Or even short arse Tom Cruise?

Comment

Stallone has been around my entire life and still going strong. Arnie has had ups and downs, but Stallone has reinvented himself time and time again. May not ever win best actor award, but he sure has staying power.

Comment

Stallone is only still around as he has his own movie company that releases any old shit.

Comment

Thats being a good businessman. Expendables 3 was good, even if the 1st two were shit.

Comment

expendables 3 was a joke, it was the crowning moment in a line of films that just keeps getting shitter.

the first was barable, the second started sort of ok then they brought in chuck norris and it just went to shit then the third it's only redeeming factor is it leaked before it even got to cinema.

Comment

I can'y remember if I ever watched the 3rd one, I remember the chuck norris one and one with Arnold...

Comment

Working...
                        X