No announcement yet.

Capture Cards and Gaming Recording Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason capture programmes will slow your computer down is because they're putting strain on the HDD, by making it simultaneously load the game's files and take on the recorded footage. Record onto another HDD and the problem is solved. Obviously if the capture programme encodes stuff on the fly it'll start taxing other bits of your computer as well.

Comment

I know it's from a console side but IGN did a video on if the capture devices are really worth it

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/05/30/...-a-capture-kit

Comment

I honestly don't trust a word that IGN writes. Nor any other mainstream gaming media outlet. They just say whatever the person paying their bribes that day wants them to say. It's got so bad that when they say a game (or a piece of software/hardware) is good every instinct in my body says STAY AWAY FROM IT STAY AWAY FROM IT!

Comment

Can't record Dungeons 2 either, it's pretty much just AAA games that shadowplay records.

Comment

I would check your drivers, I'm yet to find anything it won't work in, I'll check dungeons 2 later tho.

Comment

Ah actually it works if I allow desktop capture

Comment

Working...
              X