Grand Strategy succession game.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Strategy succession game.

So Burglar has expressed an interest, and I'd be up for it, any other atendees?

Basically, we select a grand strategy game (Civ/EUIV/CKII/Alpha centauri etc etc) and decide on some sort of "inheritence" point where the game would be handed over to the next person in the list
    For example, a CKII game would naturally have the game passed on upon the death of your character (though we could agree on the rules. Wether a set number of turns, or years, or character death etc)

The purpose of this thread, Gauge interest, decide which game to use!
    Ive got most of the major grand strategy titles, though not Rome II (Though I will almost certainly get it in the end of the year sale this year)

I have CK II but still no idea or desire to learn how to play it. So Civ 5 is the only real otion for me as I still suck at Shogun 2.

Comment

Civ might be the most gentle way to start, and is short enough to keep momentum up.

Comment

OK, so I'm guessing Civ V it is. Any thoughts on ruler?
        I would advocate random ruler on random land but am willing to compromise!

Comment

Random random sounds good to me.

Comment

OK, Difficulty level? I typically play on King level (I think) Would a more challenging level be preferred? Or a cakewalk?

Comment

probably better going easier because how would you feel if you were the one who lost the game for everyone? (not that I will take part in this, but if it''s mainly to hot seat and see the differences different people make easy would probably give a better outcome)

Comment

Good point. Though too easy would ruin any chance of actual drama!

Comment

Monarch is a good difficulty level.. any lower and the AI is too easy.. any higher and it cheats like a bastard.

Comment

I'm away for six days from tomorrow, so if a game's started in that time don't put me first! And don't take my not replying to be disinterest.

Comment

Never played Civ 5 online, how does that work then?

Comment

I think the idea is you play a normal singleplayer game, then pass the save on to someone else after 'x' turns.

Comment

Ahhh i see

Comment

OK, Il get this started on Sunday then. I propose we start with 20 turns up until the Renesance (otherwise you don't get enough time to do anything) and then maybe reduce it after that, once the map gets more developed and units are all over the place. Turn order

JackRabbit

Philip/CartoonHead

Burglar

Anyone else want to join up, just sign in (another advantage to succesion games rather than "leagues" is that people, should they want, can sign up even if the game has started)

Philip, if you want to PM me an E-mail address and I will send the game onto you as soon as its available.

Comment

aguamoose@ymail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X