Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallout 4 announcement imminent (I reckon...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dayve View Post

You could've just deleted the opening movies from the game that were causing the conflict with the codecs. I always delete those opening movies from games, pisses me off having to watch unskippable nVidia, the way it's meant to be played! movies every time I want to play the game.

I just gave up, it's the only game that has ever had that problem in the 20 years I have been playing games on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post

I just gave up, it's the only game that has ever had that problem in the 20 years I have been playing games on PC.
      That's not true... I remember one other game that had that particular problem, I just can't remember which one it was. It was well known and popular though, that much I do remember. Funny enough I never had the codec problem with Fallout 3. The one problem I did have was the game totally freezing up my PC. This problem was because they made the game for single core processors at a time when most people either had or were upgrading to dual core (or higher), so the game's code was screwing up for people who had dual cores. 'Twas a simple fix, just had to change a 0 to a 1 in some text file in the game files.

But Bethesda games have always been notoriously buggy. Every one of them has a community patch made by players that fix thousands of bugs that Bethesda left behind after their final official patch.

Comment

Working...
      X