No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but Jack it doesn't help things when they make game models with full anatomy, it's like the witcher 3 devs went, "well people will make nude mods we may as well just do it for them" after all with the console enabler naked is actually a skin option as it exists in the game files for the 2 women.

it's like is there really a need for this skin to exist in the game file (not safe for work)

http://40.media.tumblr.com/94b488d6f...is4o3_1280.png

Comment

And its CD projects game to do with as they will.
      People who object to the objectification of women can vote with their wallets and not buy it (after all, there are PLENTY of games that will cater for them. Admittedly, they are full of objectification of men, but no-body cares about that).
      Things like Witcher are not the norm in videogames, no matter how much a small number of outspoken "progressives" attempt to maintain that it is.

Comment

Angry Joes Witcher review is out, looks like the cheque cleared at last.

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
          Angry Joes Witcher review is out, looks like the cheque cleared at last.

Like I said on the Witcher 3 forums earlier - I stopped watching Angry Joe when I found out he had begun accepting money from developers to promote their games.

Does he mention the atrocious controls, movement and the fact you can defeat any enemy, even on highest difficulty, by spamming the quick attack button + the occasional roll, with no need to ever use potions, oils or bombs? Or is he shilling the same old "deep tactical combat" bullshit like the fanboys and reviewers are?

Because I own this fucking game. I have it on Death March difficulty (that's the highest difficulty) and I have never used a single bomb, oil or potion because spamming quick attack kills EVERYTHING.

Comment

He goes on about how hard and deep it is, only criticism he has is the crossbow is apparently not that usefull. He addresses it at 18 minute mark if you just want to hear that bit.

Oh and at about 20 minuteshe says the games combat is varied and one tactic will not work against one enemy as good as another. and spamming will not work all through the game.

needless to say he gave it 10/10 or 9/10 on consoles. He has turned into a fucking joke in the last year.
            Last edited by totally Not Cartoon Head; 06-06-15, 12:22.

Comment

the combat in witcher is more simplistic than other games, you just rarely feel threatened. hell even in Infamous when I'm trying to take a point I'll actually have to pull back out and try to pick off targets from range or in close quarters do hit and runs using the environment to get away.

Comment

He goes on about how hard and deep it is, only criticism he has is the crossbow is apparently not that usefull. He addresses it at 18 minute mark if you just want to hear that bit.

Oh and at about 20 minuteshe says the games combat is varied and one tactic will not work against one enemy as good as another. and spamming will not work all through the game.

needless to say he gave it 10/10 or 9/10 on consoles. He has turned into a fucking joke in the last year.
                I think he's done about 3 reviews this year. The rest of his videos are talking about superhero movies and playing games (but not reviewing them) that developers have paid him to promote.

I don't give a shit how many people tell me the combat is deep and tactical. It's more tactical in Skyrim, and that was even less "tactical" than previous Elder Scrolls games, and even they weren't THAT tactical. Morrowind was, when you consider you could manufacture your own spells for certain situations.

The gaming world is genuinely fucked if this is what people think is deep, tactical combat and 10/10 gameplay.

Comment

To be honest I cannot think of a first or 3rd person RPG (outside of MMOs) which are tactical or deep. They all are just spam whatever attack/spell you prefer. Usually with the fire/ice/earth/elemental rock paper scissors theme that almost EVERY rpg has done since games have been around (you know, use fire spells on earth types, water spells against fire and so on).

Top down isometric games can be tactial. But real time is just hack and slash basic tactics that apply to everything.

Comment

To be honest I cannot think of a first or 3rd person RPG (outside of MMOs) which are tactical or deep. They all are just spam whatever attack/spell you prefer. Usually with the fire/ice/earth/elemental rock paper scissors theme that almost EVERY rpg has done since games have been around (you know, use fire spells on earth types, water spells against fire and so on).

Top down isometric games can be tactial. But real time is just hack and slash basic tactics that apply to everything.

if you can get a go of it you should try infamous on the PS4, while hack and slash will work to an extent you will spend a lot of time running out to regen if you don't want to use the larger skill set, but even then running requires abilities. I still wouldn't class it as tactical but there is a lot more to it than just jump in the middle of a group of mobs and spam the basic melee attack, as that lies only death, more so when you get further into the game and come against opponents who will swipe you away like a bug if you try to just brute force basic attack through them, not to mention the ones with abilities that will jump about the environment to keep you in their target but trying to stop you getting close or taking a clean shot from range, not to mention them actually running from you attacks.

so there can be more tactics in a third person action game than the witcher, just so few studios do it well, this is part of the reason I like keeping a console or 2 on hand as the first party games tend to put way more into them and aim higher than the third party games that are just trying to sell across all formats.

Comment

Working...
                    X