Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This week, I have mostly been playing.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a week spent doing fuck all following the dampness of Download and this week I have most been spending far too much money.

But playing
    Borderlands 2:- (Hamerlocks big game hunt and captain scarletts booty)
    Game of Thrones:- tell tale
    Crusader Kings II
    With a topping of Offworld Trading company.

Comment

• Wildstar and Escape from Butcher Bay (again)

Fuck Wildstar is a nice little MMO. Not sure about the longevity of it, but the early game is pretty damn good.

Comment

• I actually went back to give FF14 another try, this time actually reading quests and such I'm enjoying, unlike last time where I just tried to burn through everything.

Comment

• This week I have been mostly

Comment

• I'm still messing with FF14.

Comment

• Tried giving Planescape Torment another go, killed a few more zombies, got bored. Tried a bit more of Wasteland 2, had a fight with 2 dogs, go bored (really, I fail to see why so many love this game, it is just so god damn dull). Got bored of Wildstar, Got bored of Elder Scrolls online.

Played some more Cities Skylines and started replaying Splinter Cell Blacklist. I dunno, I can't settle into any games recently since finishing Pillars. I bought Icewind Dale EE on steam and got a refund after 30 minutes, it was just too old and shit.

I really in the mood to play a game, I just don't know what, so I end up spending hours flicking through websites, loading a game up for ten mins, turning it back off. Just waiting for something to grab me.

Comment

• You liked Lords of the Fallen, Have you played Dark Souls?

Comment

• I've never actually played dark souls, for ARPG I always stuck to the likes of DMC or Infamous.

Comment

• I played Dark Sous one for a few hours and gave up on it. Not my cup of tea. Incidentally I gave up on Lord of the Fallen too, got stuck on a boss, put it down and never went back. These hardcore games are not for short attention spans like mine.

Comment

• It really is very good. Certainly one of the best new IPs of the last 5 years. Yeh the ports have flaws (Dark Souls II Scholars of the First Sin won't recognise a gamepad if you have a joystick plugged in!) but they are both perfectly playable without mods, and exceptional examples of level design and function.

Comment

• Just don't buy the first Dark Souls game on the PC. Terrible port. The devs even admitted it was a shit port (they said they rushed it) and promised they'd do better with the second (they did). I bought Dark Souls in the STEAM sale and I would've got a refund for it if I had remembered that STEAM give refunds now (I'm still getting used to this).

Anyway this week I has mostly been playing age of Empires II: HD. They're still working on it, it gets regular patches, but the AI isn't up to scratch yet. I just played a 2 hour game with me and 7 AI's (normal difficulty) and the only other enemy unit I saw in that 2 hours was a scout. It did give me 2 hours to create a beautiful walled city though. I mean, seriously, I was impressed with what I had built. I did all sorts of fancy shit with the walls, left trees intact around my town center and built houses around them, stuff like that.

When I finally got bored and quit the game I saw that only two of the AI's had actually been fighting. The Mongols and The Huns both had around 250 units killed and lost. The rest had between 5 and 10 units lost. That means that in two hours time only two of the AI's got their shit together and started fighting... with each other. In the old Age of Empires II (which I played for probably 2000 hours back when I was 13) a 2 hour game would've been 2 hours of non stop massacring.

Comment

• Dark Souls is a good game, I heard they're making a 3rd one though seems like they're milking it a bit now. I put about 70 hours into Dark Souls 2 don't think i'm near completing it yet.

Comment

• I'm playing through Sins of the Scholar at the moment (having already completed 1.5 play throughs on the PS3) and am loving it. How far are you in?

Comment

• Brightstone I think.. I killed that giant spider and I've killed that giant wolf.. I should go back to it to be honest, but so many games to play at the moment.

Comment

• Managed to get GTA V from Green Man for £30 with a voucher last week, so that's rather taken over all my free time. The world they've built is an amazing place to just inhabit, and I'm really enjoying following the story too.

Squeezed a tiny bit of Dirt: Rally into a few small bits that GTA hasn't swallowed up. The latest couple of updates have really made it feel a much more complete and satisfying game.

Comment

Working...
                                X