No announcement yet.

Elite:Dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive bought nowt in these sales. Partly because im skint, partly because theyve been crap and partly because all i want to do is play elite.....

I flew between two suns last night. It was very relaxing.

There are bugs for sure. The cockpit view of the Eagle craft has some clipping issues when you try to look behind you and for some reason i'm unable to see nav bouyeys (thats a HARD word... this early...), but still.

Last nights highlight was targeting an NPC's engine, destroying it in the first volley and then watching his craft tumble off into the distance.

Comment

I'm tempted to get this, but on the other hand I'm also tempted to just give EVE another try.

Comment

yeah. im always tempted by eve. but for me the stories in eve never match up to my actual experience.

Comment

Eve can be quite good, but you have to get in with the right people and generally you can only get in with those people once you have already got a few months of training under your belt, since the training is on a timer while it is good that you train while not playing it's also limiting in the fact you always have to wait for it, you can't just go do something to speed it up.

Comment

Yeah, playing solo can get a bit boring. The stories are cool but only a few people seem to actually experience the game that way. It is like Twitter is only fun if you are famous and have a lot of followers else you are just screaming for their attention as nobody every hears your words and you just slink off deflated by the whole experience and hate yourself for not being part of the cool kids gang.

Comment

EVE it is fairly easy to get in with the large battles, you just have to get some skills and get in with the bigger corps, a friend of mine was running with one a while back doing salvaging, he use to pick up loads of shit in those big battles as long as he kept himself out of the line of fire.

but then EVE does have some careers you can do more or less solo, but it basically comes down Trader, Explorer or Skavenger, Trader is quite obvious as you are just playing the market and trying to arrange running of goods, exploration lets you go about and find things others will miss, then as a scavenger depending on how you can go round killing and scavenging or you can follow the big battles and hope no one spots what you are doing and takes you out.

you can do things such as mine solo, but it is inefficient and quite dangerous.

Comment

I used to 'farm' wormholes on EVE. Had a nice tech 2 gallete blaster-boat (with cloak) that would scan, find a hole, go in and then far, the peripheral sleeper sites.

The ship wasn't set up to do the bigger sites as I needed the cloak to avoid most PVP swarms (though 1on1 I was fine), but it still earned me a 50 -100 million per run. Was a nice earner. Until I lagged out and was killed. Sigh.

Back with elite- just bought a thrust master joystick for it. Am off to 'family' for the next few days, but will be getting on it once I'm back :-) I want my viper!

Comment

I fancy giving Eve another go now. Been watching Star Citizen videos and have a hankering for Space games but I don't want to buy Star Citizen just yet and can't afford Elite. Sure my emails are littered with offers to go back to eve.

Comment

Someone found a funeral ship-procession in space the other day.... There were no survivors.

In other news, I'm playing with an Eagle set up (light, nimble fighter craft with fuck all armour) hat has triple rail guns. You typically get two volleys off before overheating and have to be careful when firing the next as you can damage the craft..... Which is bad.

What is good is that it insta-kills sidewinders, eagles and some cobras.
                    Four volleys typically enough to take out a viper.....

Schmexy.

Comment

So is Elite a full game yet or still in development?

Comment

Is anything released in a finished state anymore?

Comment

True that.

Comment

Well it's fully playable .ive only noticed one slight graphical bug, but got wasn't immersion breaking.

As it is it's a finished article.

They plan to release updates with new features over the next get years. Next one is planetary landings iirc.

Comment

Right. despite my misgivings when the "buy" page has links for paint job DLC's costing £10 (I shit you not, And you thought horse armour was a gouge) I shall put my trust in known Cameron apologetic and global warming denier Spats!

Comment

You almost certainly won't maybe regret it possibly.

Play the tutorials, all of them. You will die horribly otherwise,

Comment

Working...
                                X