No announcement yet.

Elite:Dangerous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It isn't seamless, it will be like we currently have with dropping out of super cruise to stations. A disguised load into an instance.

Can't wait for Horizons, not too happy about the £30 price tag and the fact people who buy it get the base game too (steam forums has been full of arguing over it since the announcement). But more importantly in a week and a bit we get the CQC update with PVP mode that you launched from the game menu, so is separate from the game and will not cost you anything when you get killed.

Comment

• Ah I must have misread the description on the seamless thing. Still, sounds great to me. I fired it up today and started resetting my controls. I noticed my rudder, which is bound to the joystick twist, has gone back to how it used to be - the way I like it, where the harder you twist the harder you rudder. That's how it started last time, but I changed something and it ended up applying the full level of rudder even if you only twist the joystick a tiny bit. Couldn't figure out what I changed though! It wasn't the deadzone function either.

I also have a spare button on the throttle stick. There's 4 buttons on the back of my throttle stick (using the T-flight). I have one for frame shift, one for engine boost, one for landing gear and one for ???

I know I used that button for something but I can't remember what! I thought it could've been flight assist, but I doubt it because I could never get used to flight assist in 100 hours of playing. The last straw was when I turned it off in combat and ended up crashing in to an asteroid backwards, which knocked out my shields entirely, then an enemy ship destroyed my engines. The police destroyed the enemy ship before it killed me but then I was stuck with no engines!

So it wasn't flight assist because fuck flight assist. WHAT WAS THAT BUTTON!?!?!?!?!?

BUTTON!

WHAT WAS YOU!

Comment

• I couldn't imagine playing it on anything buy M/K. I tried the xbox controller and it was horrid. The flying was easy enough, but functioning the rest of the stuff was a real chore and still needed the keyboard for stuff. I downloaded voice attack yesterday but not set it up yet, look like a lot of work for what is just a key press.

Comment

• Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
          I couldn't imagine playing it on anything buy M/K. I tried the xbox controller and it was horrid. The flying was easy enough, but functioning the rest of the stuff was a real chore and still needed the keyboard for stuff. I downloaded voice attack yesterday but not set it up yet, look like a lot of work for what is just a key press.
          There's no point having the voice thing if you're using a keyboard, you already have about 100 keys at your fingertips. The voice thing is mostly for joystick users, where your most important ship functions are bound to the most convenient joystick buttons and you use the voice thing to do minor actions, like launch a heatsink or enable silent running or whatever,

Comment

• still think no man's sky is doing it better, that is seamless transition then you can get out of your ship and run round the planet exploring on foot, but then there method of exploration seems better to start with as they drop people at random points in the galaxy, so the chances of 2 players meeting each other is fairly small and also stops the explore cluster from happening around the start zone where everything is soon farmed.

Comment

• Yeah, NMS looks a lot more casual (not necessarily a bad thing) than Elite, with more of an emphasis on exploring and first person. Elite is a space sim which is expanding into planetary landings while NMS is based around it and looks a lot more simplified. I am expecting NMS to be more like DayZ in space while Elite is just Elite.

Still I expect to like both games. Star Citizen can suck a bag of dicks though.

Comment

• no man's is no more casual and there is still plenty to do in space if you just want to stay in space, they just seem to have fleshed out the planets a whole lot more at the cost of a bit of flying physics. you still loose everything you don't have stashed and if your ship gets destroyed you still loose everything in it and your ship and have to start over or go to something you have stashed. so really no man's has way more to explore and do at the cost of a bit of flight control. (hell you even have to chase fuel to keep your jump drive running)

Comment

• Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                  Still I expect to like both games. Star Citizen can suck a bag of dicks though.
                  I predict Star Citizen will be ultimate suckage. No game can ever deliver on promises like SC has been making over the last couple of years. It just isn't going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dayve View Post

I predict Star Citizen will be ultimate suckage. No game can ever deliver on promises like SC has been making over the last couple of years. It just isn't going to happen.

shhh you can't say stuff like that, I said it on another site and got loads of comments ranging from threats to people calling me a retard.

Comment

• You got threats? Quick, start a kickstarter, you will be quids in!

Comment

• Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
                        You got threats? Quick, start a kickstarter, you will be quids in!

nah you just break the law and some one will set one up to pay your fines, like the person who got done for hogging the middle lane and the woman who got done for shop lifting, but remember crime doesn't pay.........

Comment

• Don't be retarded, only women are threatened on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Belimawr View Post

shhh you can't say stuff like that, I said it on another site and got loads of comments ranging from threats to people calling me a retard.
                            Yeah I know how it is, I've had it all with Guild Wars 2. After weeks of reading people on the forums saying it was basically the second coming of Jesus, was going to be so good it will kill World of Warcraft (how many games have said that now?) and would certainly be better than Star Wars: The Old Republic, and hearing tales of "amazing dynamic events that will re-define how we play MMORPGs" and "amazing quest systems which never require you to kill 10 rats or collect 10 feathers", I signed up for, and got a place in, the beta.

After a day of playing I returned to the forum to inform people there that the dynamic events were basically identical to those in Rift, except the rewards were much worse and the same events popped up over and over meaning there was really no point doing them after a while. That one of the first quests I had to do in the game was collect 10 bags of cattle feed, feed 10 cows, kill 10 rats and pick up 10 bits of litter, and that the removal of the traditional "tank, heal, DPS" method of MMOing was fatal as nobody had a role to play, fights were chaotic and if the boss focused on you you stood no chance of surviving because there was nobody to heal you and your own personal healing abilities were inadequate to keep you alive.

I was right, of course, and the game faded from memory just a month or so after it released. Just another mediocre MMO. Didn't stop people telling me I must be mentally retarded and should kill myself though lol. They took it very personally.

Comment

• Just a heads up in case you guys missed it. 1.4 patch was released yesterday to everyone as a stress test and will be launched new week or so in the main game. This is the patch that includes the PVP arena and 3 new ships (Imperial Eagle, Federation Gunship, and Federation Assault Ship).

Comment

• So you will never guess what I spotted whilst shuttling around the galaxy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_0021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	475.4 KB
ID:	20006

I have to admit, I was pretty surprised myself.
                                I'm not sure if someone has hacked the game, or if David Braben has managed to obtain some lucrative sci-fi licences but I hope I don't find a Borg Cube!

Comment

Working...
                                X