Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who wants to play some *&%@#ng video games!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who wants to play some *&%@#ng video games!?

I've got a headset, I've got a joystick, I've got a joypad, I've got a mouse, I've got a keyboard, I've got a graphics card with 3 fans on it and 43 jigawatts of ramory and a quintuplian core pentium 14-pipe processor with all leather interior and bucket seats. I'm all tooled up. LET'S SHOOT SOME FUCKING ZOMBIES OR ALIENS OR SOMETHING FFS I HAVE NO OTHER FRIENDS

edit - disclaimer - I do have other friends but they're all either women who don't play games or men who haven't played games since you had to program them in to your Atari yourself by staying up all night typing in lines and lines of code. End of disclaimer.
    Last edited by Dayve; 27-06-15, 00:23.

Indeed. We should possibly do more of this sort of stuff.
    What sort of games do people want to play?
    Personally, I am intrigued by the multiplayer aspect of Tropico 5
    And would find a multiplayer game of Borderlands interesting
    And Civ 5/Europa Universalis/ Crusader kings, though I could see the time aspect of this being somewhat limiting.
    The Left 4 Dead games we played were not THAT bad, despite the fact that 75% of us were drunk, and some moron insisted on playing on a non standard map!

Comment

I don't have much time these days, since I have lost what remains of my dignity and gone back to WOW

Comment

I wasn't drunk, I was just happy.

as said tho the biggest problem is time and managing to set something up where people can actually make it. also I've always hated voice coms, the only reason I learnt to type fast was to drop lines in while playing an FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
          Indeed. We should possibly do more of this sort of stuff.
          What sort of games do people want to play?
          Personally, I am intrigued by the multiplayer aspect of Tropico 5
          And would find a multiplayer game of Borderlands interesting
          And Civ 5/Europa Universalis/ Crusader kings, though I could see the time aspect of this being somewhat limiting.
          The Left 4 Dead games we played were not THAT bad, despite the fact that 75% of us were drunk, and some moron insisted on playing on a non standard map!
          I've never even looked at the Tropico games (but would be willing if that's what everyone else wants to play) but I love all the others on that list. I didn't even know Civ 5 had multiplayer? That could be a lot of fun, a few of us versus a load of AI's on super duper hard mode.

Plus you know what else? If we could find a popular game that we all really enjoy (which I admit might be a challenge) we could even have our own server and it'd attract new people to this website (if that's what Belimawr wants).

I don't have much time these days, since I have lost what remains of my dignity and gone back to WOW
          I did too when Walrords of Draenor came out... lasted about a week, think I got to level 96 or so on my old Paladin that I created in 2005. Thing is... I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. First quest I did in Draenor (after the tutorial) gave me epic gear. Then a couple of quests later I got more epics. For easy quests. They've taken it too far with handing out epics to anybody and everybody. People used to complain about this in 2009 when they let you buy epics with tokens you got from bosses in heroic dungeons. Previous to that the only way to get epics was to get a group of 10-20 and spend all night in Karazan or something, you know actually work for them? Now you could buy them with tokens, but you also had to work for the tokens just not as hard as before.

But now they just literally give them to you. Half the appeal of WoW for me was the fact that you had to work damn hard for a reward, and when you got it you could stand in Stormwind city with your fucking big flaming shield with a skull on it and flames coming out of the skulls eyes, and people would run up to you and go OMG THATS SO COOL WHERE U GET IT!??!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

Now you just get given fucking huge swords with flaming skulls on them. And everybody else has a fucking big flaming sword with a skull on it too. And don't bother standing in Stormwind because you'll be the only person there!
          Last edited by Dayve; 27-06-15, 16:55.

Comment

I'm up for anything. What games do you play Dayve? do you play any Mobas?

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
              I'm up for anything. What games do you play Dayve? do you play any Mobas?
              Mobas? Why I don't even know what one is. (seriously)

I play all sorts of games man. It needs to be one that's fun in a group and can be picked up and played for an hour though doesn't it... not all of you have as much free time on your hands as I do so while a 50 hour game of Civilization might be fun, it's not really viable for us.

Age of Empires 2
              Borderlands 2
              Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
              Contagion (bored of zombies though tbh)
              Crusader Kings 2
              Dying Light
              Europa Universalis IV
              GTA 5 (that has some sort of multiplayer right?)
              Civ 5

Wow, I thought I had more multiplayer games that that. I have Battlefield 3 and 4 as well.

I'd be willing to buy one though if we can agree on one and I don't have it.

Comment

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena MOBA. League of Legends, Heroes of The Storm, Defense of The Ancients (DOTA)

Come back to WOW Dayve, we can group up and live like Kings!

There's a Blizzard sale going on at the moment also until the 7/7/

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
                  Multiplayer Online Battle Arena MOBA. League of Legends, Heroes of The Storm, Defense of The Ancients (DOTA)

Come back to WOW Dayve, we can group up and live like Kings!

There's a Blizzard sale going on at the moment also until the 7/7/
                  Nah I can't. I've tried a few times and it just makes me sad how empty and dead the world is now, plus how shit the new content is. It just isn't the same! The only way I'd ever go back is to a private server, to the Burning Crusade expansion at maximum. That's when it started to go down hill for me, when WotLK came out. That expansion killed a lot of the social aspect of the game. You didn't need to be in a guild anymore because dungeon finder just plopped you straight in a dungeon full of morons who ragequit after one single wipe (fucking petulant little children cunts), they introduced achievements which turned everyone in to dicks - they'd check your achievements to see if you had completed the dungeon and if you hadn't then they wouldn't let you join the group. They introduced welfare epics so all the kiddies could get their purples before bedtime. They turned the game in to a rush for the best stuff by making leveling up really quick, which had the effect of making everybody rush rush rush toward the top content rather than earn it and get experienced along the way.

Comment

War Thunder. It's Free to Play, got positive reviews, on STEAM... anybody like that look of that?

Comment

I have about 200+ hours in War Thunder, it is great.

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                        I have about 200+ hours in War Thunder, it is great.
                        Well that's a start. Perhaps we can get some sort of clan going. I demand we play as the Germans/Japs/North Koreans though. I have a thing for bad guys in wars.

Comment

The Germans have best tank, Russians best planes (of course in real life that was bollocks but the game is made by Russians to there may be a 'tiny' bit of propaganda in play)

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                            The Germans have best tank, Russians best planes (of course in real life that was bollocks but the game is made by Russians to there may be a 'tiny' bit of propaganda in play)
                            Well I suppose they have to balance it. If they made it realistic the Germans would have the best:

Tanks (Panther, Tiger, Pzkmpf IV)
                            Artillery (88mm multi-purpose)
                            Heavy machine gun (MG42)
                            Anti-tank weaponry (Panzerschreck, Panzerfaust, various tank destroyers)
                            Jets (ME-262)
                            Tactics (Blitzkrieg - it does work if you don't get caught in 3 of the most severe winters ever 3 years in a row)
                            Technology (V1, V2, wire-guided and camera-guided bombs and missiles)

British would have the best:

? I was gonna say battleships but that's not true because the German ones (what few they had) were just as good or better, as were the Japanese and American)

Americans would have the best:

Aircraft carriers
                            Basic infantry rifle (M1 Garand, their infantry performed outstandingly thanks to the Garand)
                            Fighter plane (P-51 Mustang - Goring said he knew they'd lose the war when he first saw one in early 1943 it was that good)
                            Heavy Bomber (flying fortress)

Russians would have the best:

Manpower. That's literally it.

Japs would have the best:

Navy (until they squandered it in battles with the American navy early in the war)

Comment

200 hours and I still haven't unlocked any jets yet. And that was with buying a months membership with xp boost.

Comment

Working...
                              X