First Competition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Competition.

I have posted our first competition, as long as I can find stuff to giveaway I will try to run a competition at least once a month to keep things a bit more interesting and make things a bit more interesting around here.

our first competition is located here please feel free to entre as we can't just be handing it over to masterflaw

Wouldn't mind taking part, but I don't think writing is my strong suit.

Comment

no one here is a professional writer and that is more or less the point of this site going forward, it's stuff for gamers by gamers and none of this paid for reviews and shit most big sites suffer from.

Comment

I keep meaning to write something but I struggle to find something to write about. I can write just fine but I just don't know what to write about! I started writing an article about how Metro: Last Light is disappointing as fuck but it's like a year old game and who wants to read rants about a year old game?

Well actually I want to read rants about year old games but I'm weird.

Comment

There will always be people looking for info on older games, more so when all the sales start bouncing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayve View Post

Well actually I want to read rants about year old games but I'm weird.
            Rants are the best to read. So long as your not beating a dead horse.

Comment

Is it quite simple to make an article? is it like making a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
                Is it quite simple to make an article? is it like making a thread?
                more or less there are some basic instructions (with pictures) in the competition article.

but truth is other than a couple of quirks for display purposes and a few extra options for the article control bollocks it is only the same as posting a forum post.

Comment

Alright, I'll continue with my half-written Last Light rantview then (rantview is my clever name for a rant review because I'm so clever and creative). What's funny is I did a bit of googling to see if I could find some other reviews that were disappointed like I was - not so I could steal their words but because I was curious if others at the time found it disappointing compared to 2033 - but it got almost universal praise. That sucks because I found literally every part of it to be worse than its predecessor.

Comment

I'll write one in the next couple of days. I got an idea..

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
                      I'll write one in the next couple of days. I got an idea..
                      thats why I gave the 2 week window, it gives people a bit more time to think of something.

Comment

I think I posted mine, not entirely sure... I may have posted it twice. Can you confirm if I did or not?

Anyways enjoy, hopefully someone will find it worthy of reading. I may do another if I can find worthy material, could even add a few videos since I own like a £150 capture card which I never use.

Comment

Yeah it posted I've made it visible now

Comment

How come it doesn't have the picture visible on the article unless you click it? Cant you make a better tutorial, I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to editing it properly.

Comment

The picture can't be a link it has to be an attachment to the article, other than that I haven't really looked properly due to being on my phone. But I'll try to do a full tutorial tonight if I get time.

Comment

Working...
                              X