No announcement yet.

Vile vile gamers- for-shame....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it is a woman who did the research I'm guessing by the name.

Comment

• Clearly the patriarchy has caused her to suffer from internal misogyny.

Comment

• I'm not going to get bogged down in this but my daughter - who is going through a politically active stage - confidently informs me it's not possible in western culture for a woman to discriminate against a man, just as it is not possible for a non white person to discriminate against a white person. The logic goes that power is held by white males, and only those in power can actively discriminate. Apparently.

So when you ask questions like, why is there a womens movement but not a mens movement, or why there are mobo awards but not mowo awards, it's for the same reason there are specifically disabled but not specifically abled parking spots and why there aren't dedicated hospital departments for healthy people.

Comment

• I just want no kids parking spots, nothing worse than parking in a car park to come back to find the car on either side of you has child seats as you know they have just wacked your car to get their kid out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tartrazine View Post
            I'm not going to get bogged down in this but my daughter - who is going through a politically active stage - confidently informs me it's not possible in western culture for a woman to discriminate against a man, just as it is not possible for a non white person to discriminate against a white person. The logic goes that power is held by white males, and only those in power can actively discriminate. Apparently.

So when you ask questions like, why is there a womens movement but not a mens movement, or why there are mobo awards but not mowo awards, it's for the same reason there are specifically disabled but not specifically abled parking spots and why there aren't dedicated hospital departments for healthy people.
            Tell your daughter that she can do anything that any man can do, and not to let anyone tell her otherwise.

Comment

• wow...Tart's daughter has really gotten hooked on the kool-aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by unclecid View Post
                wow...Tart's daughter has really gotten hooked on the kool-aid.

Don't be too hard on the poor mite, I'm guessing she's a teenager and on my recent trip to the Download festival, my friend brought her new 17 year old stepsister. Needless to say by the end of the weekend she wasn't quite so convinced of the truth of patriarchy as she had been at the start of it.

Comment

• ya i dont understand kids nowadays who swallow everything that is told them.
                  i mean what happened to trust no one in authority and question everything?( now im not talking anarchist..just find the truth out on your own )
                  thats how me and my circle lived back in the day.

Comment

• http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-worse-yo...says-one-study

Comment

• "PLOS ONE takes the hard work out of publishing. There's no stress waiting to find out if your article meets subjective acceptance criteria. As long as your work reaches a high technical and ethical standard, PLOS ONE will publish it - and make it freely available to a global audience."

Alternatively "No reputable paper will publish us, but this will look good on our CV right"?
                      Basically, the scientific version of click bate.

Comment

• yeah but I found it funny.

Comment

• I got into a debate with a bunch of MRA's over why it is that all MRA's do is whine about feminism instead of raising awareness of mens rights.
                          They accused me of being a feminist.
                          Now that's funny!

Comment

• http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...tor/ar-AAdk9yS

Comment

• Oh you should have seen the Guardians take on this, someone commentating still maintained it was evidence of systematic discrimination against women!

Comment

• I just find it funny that it claims it has pissed off feminists. but isn't it exactly what feminists have been claiming for years?

also I don't get that test thing where 2 women have to talk and not about a bloke, surely it having to be 2 women is sexist as surely it shouldn't matter who they talk to as long as they get to talk. but then I may be sexist after the conversation I had with a court security guard yesterday that involved the question of pat downs. (the gist of it was a bloke can't pat down a woman but it's still worth a watch)

Comment

Working...
                                X