Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. Don't know what I was thinking.

Comment

George Galloway deserved it though to be honest. I agree with some of the things he says but on the whole he's a loudmouth hypocrite. He also converted to Islam and won't admit it, just avoids the question. I don't care what religion he converted to, just the way he denies it is ridiculous.

Comment

And to the surprise of no-one, Rock Paper Shotgun advocates Leigh Alexanders misandry.

I'm sure there is some quote or other about becoming the evil you fight against which would be womderfully appropriate as a moto for them.

Comment

Just read RPS papers thing and I gotta say I am moving over to the spats position.

Comment

It's unbelievable. Used to love pcg- gone to shit. Used to love RPS. Gone to shit. Im getting most my game news direct from the developers now (I'm on mailing lists) and twitter. Why go to a post-modern gaming site and be automatically labelled as the root of all evils? This whole thing is making me angry. The baisc position is correct- we shouldn't tolerate abuse, of ANY kind. Yet we're in a situation where our gaming journalists are more worried about showing us how clever they are than doing what they're there for- reporting on games.

Comment

Don't get me wrong- want to expand people's horizons? Sure. Introduce us to new ways of ending and evaluating games? All for it. Occasionally shine a light on our own culture? Absolutely fine. On twitter yesterday I saw a journalist taking the piss out of gamers calling this whole debacle 'gamergate'. Insulting gamers by pointing out that the gate prefix usually refers to Those who were deemed to be in the wrong. Their words were to the effect of 'this is why gamers need journalists'. The heavy implication being that were all too stupid to exist without them.

Comment

Well sorry fuck face, what we need are more reporters, not journalists. In fact, thinking about it, journalism is one of he biggest cancers on this fucking planet. We need LESS journalists not more. Reporters? People who report facts in an unbiased way? Sure- get as many as we can. Journalists who tell is what THEY think we should know? Go fuck your self.

Comment

/epicspatsrant

Comment

but gamers evil I killed 5 blokes and pushed an old man in a puddle just on the way home for work, but thats fine they were all male so no one cares.

Comment

Just wait until this site takes takes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatula View Post
                        Well sorry fuck face, what we need are more reporters, not journalists. In fact, thinking about it, journalism is one of he biggest cancers on this fucking planet. We need LESS journalists not more. Reporters? People who report facts in an unbiased way? Sure- get as many as we can. Journalists who tell is what THEY think we should know? Go fuck your self.
                        I don't think there is anything wrong with promoting a certain view point as long as it is underpinned with facts and as realistically possible is objective etc.

Comment

I agree, we shouldn't tolerate abuse of any kind.
                          But the message that these sites are increasingly putting out is that its perfectly acceptable to abuse men.

Comment

More fuel for the fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

Comment

Yeah I don't get any of that video

Comment

It was only a matter of time. In true tradition PCgamer about a week behind everyone else on the subject. http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/02/ov...assing-speech/

Comment

Working...
                                X