Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cultural no-no's in London

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/trip...BBlPaqC#page=1

find this funny as hell, some of the points are just comical.

first one not saying please and thank you in this day and age if someone actually says it is a miracle.

buying rounds in a pub, it's not something everyone does, it's only something a group of friends will do if they all drink at the same pace.

being loud, have the people who wrote this ever met a cockney?

don't complain, who the fuck doesn't complain until after the event is dead and buried? if something is wrong people complain and the amount of people complaining makes the entire premise of this comical.

don't talk on the tube, good advice and it is just because southerners are anti social cunts, go down London look lost and people will complain your in the way and not help, do it up here and someone will generally stop and help you if they can.

cutting the line, yeah you shouldn't do that but a bar queue as an example is a joke, when you are standing at a bar there is no defined queue in most cases, so it always comes down to how can get the bar maids attention (thank fuck for being tall I can get served even if I can't get to the bar)

accepting offers, if someone offers something and you want to take them up on it take them up on it, if they don't want to do what they are offering they are the ones being rude trying to pretend they are interest.

using the word what, if you are in a noisy pub what gets to the point a lot better than trying explain you can't hear the person when they can't hear that you are saying you can't hear.

so I just find this type of stuff really comical, I could of probably picked something with every point but it is just a joke and relies entirely on stereotypes, no wonder people don't understand the english when they come here.

Your point about Norherners stopping and helping each other, whilst true, you are intentionally leaving out a few important facts.
    Like you all being related!
    GIMMIE 6!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
      Your point about Norherners stopping and helping each other, whilst true, you are intentionally leaving out a few important facts.
      Like you all being related!
      GIMMIE 6!

your thinking of the south west not the north east. but then we can't blame you since you came from a third world country, so you won't know any better.

Comment

I find that a good list. It has me down to a T.

Obviously I do not get outraged if people don't behave like that, but that is how I carry myself. When out I always use manners, never cause a fuss, I queue patiently (even if I want to rip someones head off)

Comment

What is it Arthur Dent says..."I am British we are born to queue"?
          but you are welsh are you not Cartoon Head?

Comment

Yeah stick a sheep at the front of the line and he will fight to be at the front.

Comment

so welshmen are like texans right?
              Texas where the men are tall and the sheep are scared.

Comment

No not at all.

Welshmen aren't particularly tall.

Comment

No we are generally short and stocky. Not dwarves like the Scottish, we are more like Hobbits. We love all furry animals not just sheep. It gets cold up the hills in winter, so it is nice to slip into something warm.

Comment

Working...
                  X