Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yet another reason public transport sucks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha LMS, I know plenty of tall people who behave the same way. I'm not the tallest of people, doesn't really bother me though.

You'll get some tall people who when growing up get bullied for being tall, lanky and skinny or whatever, and they grow up really insecure about their height and weight.

I knew this tall guy once who wanted to fight this taller guy when he was drunk purely for the reason he was taller and slightly bigger than him.. was hilarious to watch.

Comment

it's the gift that keeps giving, altho she must be stupid for leaving it so anyone can send her pictures in the first place.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...ice/ar-BBlItZn

wonder if she would have to pick him out of a line up......

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
        haha LMS, I know plenty of tall people who behave the same way. I'm not the tallest of people, doesn't really bother me though.

You'll get some tall people who when growing up get bullied for being tall, lanky and skinny or whatever, and they grow up really insecure about their height and weight.

I knew this tall guy once who wanted to fight this taller guy when he was drunk purely for the reason he was taller and slightly bigger than him.. was hilarious to watch.
        Or they just grow up loving how awesome being tall is.

/someone who is tall ^.^

Comment

see a lot of the "tall" people who are aggressive are normally more average (about 5'10 to 6'0) as they hate the fact that in the grand scheme of things they aren't actually tall. hell I'm 6'4 and while it's not something that happens often there are a hell of a lot of people taller than me around, so it's mainly the people who are just average trying to pretend they are actually tall. it's the same reason I often get people shorter than me trying to start on me, as they feel the need to show that them being short isn't a problem.

but then when you end up as tall as me or taller (hell I would hate to be any taller) you constantly get people commenting on your hight, you constantly have trouble getting long enough clothes because everything is made for short arses and the bigger you get the shorter the clothes seem to get unless you specifically go to a shop that sells tall clothes, then you have people who start on you because of your hight, so really a lot of aggression from tall people comes from them just being sick of peoples constant need to say about the fact they are tall and the numpties who will start on you because you are tall, so it basically just becomes part of your personality to brush off all these people in the quickest way possible so it comes off as quite abrupt.

as for intimidating people, it always seems more intimidating when you have to look down at everyone, but there is no other way to talk to people without doing it, hell a manager who was a short arse once wanted to have a right go at me for some bull shit reason he came across to me shouting and balling as soon as he got close and realised how much he had to look up he changed his tune. the same as someone in a van followed me to work before claiming I cut him up (he was driving in the wrong lane) he jumped out of the van looking for a fight as soon as he saw me he turned round jumped back in his van and drove off. the fact is when you dwarf most people it's nearly impossible not to come off as intimidating, more so if you have bulked up a bit from stuff you do, as it just makes you look even more intimidating.

but really being tall sucks, I would be happy if I could go back to 6 foot and be average, it would solve a lot of problems also I wouldn't twat my head off car boots, ladders and anything else hanging over the back of a car/van anywhere near as often.

Comment

I do get a kick out of standing in a queue and being the tallest person there. It always reminds me of that Family Guy cut-away where the thing that's bigger than all the other things says "I think we all know who's in charge here".

I do not however enjoy having to duck all the time because of over hanging trees and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dayve View Post
              I do get a kick out of standing in a queue and being the tallest person there. It always reminds me of that Family Guy cut-away where the thing that's bigger than all the other things says "I think we all know who's in charge here".

I do not however enjoy having to duck all the time because of over hanging trees and whatnot.
              It was like a pig amongst Guinea pigs, or a dwarf amongst midgets.

As for ducking can go back to public transport doors on the local metro are way too low so you have to duck to get on and off. Also when I was a peasant and had to use the bus the double deckers were too low to stand up straight on.

Comment

America to the rescue!!!!!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...ude/ar-BBm44ra

Comment

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/be...n-origins.aspx

Comment

http://www.thejournal.ie/us-congress...82033-Nov2011/

Comment

You win.

Comment

surely you could have found something else it's America for fuck sake.

Comment

My respect for humanity is tenuous at best.

Comment

Working...
                          X