Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yet another reason public transport sucks.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another reason public transport sucks.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...own/ar-BBlBs4x

I personally think this is an appropriate response to someone being a dick on public transport, they would soon learn to stop being wankers if more of them got a beating. the problem with most people now is there is little repercussions for their actions, seen more so on the internet, so I really think stuff like this should be encouraged, the same as I think wankers who slow down to look at accidents should be rammed off the road as they are just causing more problems because they are nosy fuckwits and no one takes any action against them.

The word "transport" is superfluous to the post.

Comment

not really the public for the most part are fine, stick them in a confined space like public transport and all bets are off.

Comment

Yeah, one of the reasons I am happy I don't live in a city. I really couldn't handle being cramped up like that. Still not as bad as Japan, China and other 3rd world countries though.

Comment

What's wrong with this 30-year old man (and early 40's man for that matter) that they're so desperate for a seat on a train they're fighting over it? Are they hugely overweight? Do they suffer from chronic pain triggered by standing for 20-30 minutes? If I saw an empty seat and someone else was eyeing it up I'd let them have it, I'm just nice like that.

The trouble is... people. They're dicks. I'd say about 95-99% of the human population on this earth are twats. That's why I feel no guilt or sadness when I hear about this or that death or people in horrible situations. There's a 95-99% chance the person deserved it anyway.

Comment

Dayve if you read it the bloke sitting down put his bag to block the other from an ampty seat as he went to sit down, so really it was over the younger bloke being a cock and actively blocking people sitting next to him.

Comment

No he didn't put the bag there to stop people sitting next to him, he was 'booking' it, by putting his bag on it. Kind of like putting your baby buggy in a parking spot in Tesco while you manoeuvre to reverse in.

Still didn't deserve to be twatted though. The older guy must have LMS. Don;t you notice that? short or small people are always angrier and more aggressive than bigger people.

Comment

He wasn't "booking it", he was attempting to prevent a stranger from sitting next to him. Guy was a prick. Didn't deserve to get his jaw broken, but a prick non the less.
                Oh, and short people are not angrier than bigger people. As a man of average height I have noticed that bigger people are far swifter at performing "intimidation" techniques. Its just that short people have to exaggerate them more for them to be effective.
                A short man, in my experience, is far less likely to attempt aggression as a strategy as they know full well they are likely to come off worst but are far more likely to respond to aggression with aggression.
                Again, in my experience, taller people are far more likely to initiate intimidation, but then far more likely to back off if their bluff is called.
                Last edited by JackRabbit; 11-08-15, 22:20.

Comment

Taller people just seem more intimidating as they are constantly looking down on people, also a lot of people assume a show of strength/aggression when a bigger person does something the smaller person can't do as easy.

But being tall I find more people will try it on with you as they take the view point of taking on the big bloke will show how hard they, I've lost count of the number of times some random person has tried it on with me for some made up reason just because I'm generally one of the biggest people there. The problem with them doing that tho is I did most of my growing around 14/15 and always use to get picked on for being short, wasn't as funny for them when I finished school as about the third tallest.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
                    He wasn't "booking it", he was attempting to prevent a stranger from sitting next to him. Guy was a prick. Didn't deserve to get his jaw broken, but a prick non the less.
                    Oh, and short people are not angrier than bigger people. As a man of average height I have noticed that bigger people are far swifter at performing "intimidation" techniques. Its just that short people have to exaggerate them more for them to be effective.
                    A short man, in my experience, is far less likely to attempt aggression as a strategy as they know full well they are likely to come off worst but are far more likely to respond to aggression with aggression.
                    Again, in my experience, taller people are far more likely to initiate intimidation, but then far more likely to back off if their bluff is called.
                    Eh? Since when did being short make you less able at fighting? Size doesn't matter when it comes to that crap. Neither does strength. It's all about speed and aggression, decisiveness and confidence. The ones that get right in your face going "come on then!" have already lost. All up in your grill, invading your personal space, talking about how they're gonna cave your head in. It's all talk man. All talk I tell you. They're indecisive and not confident. A decisive, confident man would simply punch you. Fast. No warning, no putting his chest against yours like a big gay bum jockey, he doesn't tell you that he's going to cave your head in, he just does it, quick, whether he's 6'3 or 5'4, he just does it.

Enough of this. I'm tired. Time for a cup of camomile tea and a pepperami. There's hardly any carbs in a pepperami you know. They're perfect as a before-bed snack for the health conscious such as myself. Tasty as well.

Comment

I really don't read that as him preventing the seat next to him being taken, it reads to me like two blokes arguing over who got the last available seat. Putting your bag down is a dick manoeuvre, presumably he had to reach ahead of the other bloke to place his bag. Even as I say that though I'm not sure what rulebook to look that up in.

We unfortunately get the idea - mainly from TV and films, that it's acceptable in some situations to give someone a 'slap'. I can fucking assure you the police and courts don't see it like that, there are people in prison right now for punching someone.

Oh, and at 5 foot 7 I was one of the shortest in my battalion, but still managed to hold my own amongst 500 odd other paras. Mainly just by standing my ground. That said if you couldn't stand up for yourself ,win or lose , then you didn't get in in the first place so maybe it's not a good example. I'm pretty convinced that when alcohol is taken out of the equation most confrontations are won or lost in the initial posturing without punches being thrown, or at least broken up pretty quickly. Though not on the tube apparently.

It's not the dog in the fight it's the fight in the dog as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
                        Taller people just seem more intimidating as they are constantly looking down on people, also a lot of people assume a show of strength/aggression when a bigger person does something the smaller person can't do as easy.

But being tall I find more people will try it on with you as they take the view point of taking on the big bloke will show how hard they, I've lost count of the number of times some random person has tried it on with me for some made up reason just because I'm generally one of the biggest people there. The problem with them doing that tho is I did most of my growing around 14/15 and always use to get picked on for being short, wasn't as funny for them when I finished school as about the third tallest.
                        gotta go with Bel on this.
                        was always tallest or one of the tallest growing up.
                        hit 6'3 (190.5cm) between 13 and 14 years and was skinny as a rail till 16 then bulked out.
                        being a military brat i moved alot and got used to being the new kid...some shorty always tried to pick a fight within a week of be arriving.
                        didnt care if i won or lost just made sure they would think thrice before making another attempt.

most guys under average hieght suffer from LMS.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post

The Daily Mirror reports the fight broke out after the alleged victim placed his bag on the vacant seat to claim it as another man went to take the empty space.

Comment

Yes, He claimed the seat because another man wanted to sit in it, not because he was saving it for someone else.

Comment

Well ok, it is open to interpenetration as it doesn't define either way. But I am right.

Comment

Working...
                              X