this is what you get........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is what you get........

when you make a shop you can't fucking get out of.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...ore/ar-BBlBHpA

all he probably wanted to do was leave.

I know how he feels. I get stressed out and feel like stabbing people when I'm building flat-pack stuff. It's not that I can't do it, I can, it's just that I'm tremendously impatient and the moment something doesn't go exactly right or the instructions are needlessly complicated I start to get the urge to stab people and/or throw it through the fucking window.

I got a new PC chair recently and by god there was this screw... wouldn't fucking go in. It'd start to go in, then get stuck and cross-threaded, then I'd have to take it out and put it in again. This went on for over an hour. Nearly had a stroke I got so stressed out.

Comment

Comment

Never been to Ikea, so can't really complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Boa View Post
          Never been to Ikea, so can't really complain.
          avoid it if you can, sure you get cheap furniture, but the shop is designed to force you to walk through the entire shop to increase the chance of impulse buys, but it's just hell when you want something and know what you want as you have to run through the maze to find it and ultimately get to the end to buy and pick up the item.

Comment

More shops should do this. The war against obesity goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
              More shops should do this. The war against obesity goes on!

would most likely be counter productive as more people like me would just shop online so as not to have to be trapped in a maze. if I can't speed shop (know what I want walk directly to it pick it up go directly to the self service checkout) I wont go to the shop. I actually stopped going to the local Tesco because half the time the self service was off and they never had enough tills open so you ended up stuck in a line with morons who have to rake pennies out of their bag instead of just paying with notes or a card, they need to just abolish cash and really start pushing cards and contactless as everyone will get done faster as all you need is a card no more standing counting money at the tills, no more giving change and having people wait for change while the person on the till counts it out.

would also destroy armed robbery on shops as there would be no cash to take.

Comment

So its a win win, the fatties and uggo's stay at home preventing them from getting in my, vastly more important, way!

Comment

but then you would be wasting way more time shopping due to being forced to walk the entire store. more so when you realise you have forgot something near the door where you came in.

Comment

So selling comfy sofa, chairs and beds is a war against obesity?

Isn't that like selling more guns to Israel to help calm the situation in the middle east?

Comment

Originally posted by totally Not Cartoon Head View Post
                      So selling comfy sofa, chairs and beds is a war against obesity?

Isn't that like selling more guns to Israel to help calm the situation in the middle east?
                      Making people walk further to see them is!
                      And Bel, I walk pretty fast, and would consider retreading my steps as exercise.
                      Or maybe I have just played too many games that padded their length.......

Comment

See shops that keep changing their layout also pisses me off, its not done to make it easier for the shopper, its done to force impulse buys making people subconsciously by stuff they didn't want or need.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
                          See shops that keep changing their layout also pisses me off, its not done to make it easier for the shopper, its done to force impulse buys making people subconsciously by stuff they didn't want or need.
                          yep..they dont like it when you know where everthing thing is cuase you can just get in and then out that way.
                          most big box retailers do this in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
                            They still don't get to me. That shit just doesn't work. Wherever I go, I go with a mental list. I get what's on the list. The only exception is if I happen to see something that will be genuinely useful to me.

Or pens. I've had a thing for pens since I was a kid. I've got hundreds of pens and if I see a pen (or pack of) that I like I buy them. Maybe one day I could open a pen shop?

Comment

I just steal my pens from the bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X