Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are pork scratchings supposed to have hair growing out of them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are pork scratchings supposed to have hair growing out of them?

I've gone back on my diet after a month or so of lunatic eating (I slipped back in to my old ways of eating full tubs of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough icecream and 1kg lasagnes) where I put about half a stone on. So I went back on my diet, which is like the Atkins Diet but modified slightly to include more fruit/veg/grain and less meat. It works because I lost almost 12 stone with this diet. Anyway that's not the point.

I was a bit stuck for what to have for breakfast this morning as there's basically no food in the house (shopping day Sunday, everything is gone by Saturday), there was no cereals, no bread, I had no bananas left, I found an almost-empty packet of porridge oats but there wasn't enough for a breakfast for a big fellow such as I.

What I did find was a large bag of pork scratchings. Not exactly breakfast material I know but basically no carbohydrates in them at all and very filling (and very tasty). So I decided my dog and I would be having pork scratchings for breakfast. But they're hairy. My pork scratchings are hairy. Are pork scratchings supposed to be hairy? They appear to actually be growing hair.

I still ate them because I was very hungry and there was nothing else, and my dog definitely didn't seem to mind because she loves pork scratchings - in fact after she ate hers she wanted some of mine as well the fat pig! But now I'm worried. And now I think about it, after eating them, it's kind of absolutely gross that I just ate hairy pork bits.

They are probably just the bit that came from the scrotum.

Comment

It's pig skin of course it will have hair. Surprised you got to this age never having hairy pork scratchings (that sounds wrong but its true)

Comment

Not sure what is worse. Pork scratching, Scampi or fucking black pudding........... English people are fucking weird with their food.

Comment

Well I've never had scampi, don't even know what it is, and I'd literally rather starve to death than eat black pudding. I've tried it twice and each time vomited it back up as soon as I swallowed it. Pork scratchings are alright though.

Comment

black pudding is nice it just has to be cooked properly, pork scratching isn't English it more american and scampi since it is a type of shrimp thingy that comes from Norway I doubt it is English either, hell black pudding has more chance of being Scottish.

Comment

Black pudding isn't Scottish. It comes directly from Satan's arse.

Comment

Black pudding is awesome and it's not a proper fry up without it.
                Pork scratching and scampi however..........

Comment

Black pudding is fecking lovely

On a slightly related but completely different note.

Where the fuck do Scots get off offering a 'full Scottish' breakfast, or hotels in Ireland - north and south - offering a 'full irish'.

Both are of course a full fucking English with a dollop of some national dish on the side. Haggis, or some strange potatoe rubbish called colcannon or champ depending on which church the locals favour.

Since we have at least one person who might know, what constitutes a 'full welsh'?

Comment

full welsh will have to include sheep somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
                      full welsh will have to include sheep somewhere.
                      for eating or other things that the welsh do.......

Comment

Well technically a "Full English" breakfast is really a full Irish breakfast, seeing as you STOLE ALL OUR FECKING FOOD!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
                          Well technically a "Full English" breakfast is really a full Irish breakfast, seeing as you STOLE ALL OUR FECKING FOOD!
                          only the hash brown..............

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
                            Lies. The British Empire was benevolent and kind. Nobody suffered. Only dirty foreigners and their empires did evil things. Except the Romans. We love them.

Comment

bloody Irish they are the reason bags of crisps got smaller.

Comment

Working...
                              X