No announcement yet.

Married at first sight.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need to get married to have kids.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
      You don't need to get married to have kids.
      maybe so but it is the proper way to raise kids.

Comment

Really? Fred and Rosemary West were married when they had kids.
        A friend of mine was married when he had his kids. Being married didn't stop his wife from having an affair, kicking him out of his own house so she could move her boyfriend in, and then making it as difficult as possible for him to see his own kids (which was in no way shape of form due to the fact that the less time they spent with their dad, the more money he had to provide her with).
        Are those the "proper way" of which you speak?

Comment

Originally posted by unclecid View Post

maybe so but it is the proper way to raise kids.
          The proper way to raise a kid is any way where it gets looked after properly and loved. Doesn't matter if it's by a single man or a single woman, a man and a woman, two women or two men. The only things that matter are a loving environment and being properly looked after.

Comment

Originally posted by Burglar View Post

That's brave! How come you got married so quickly?

Midlife crisis maybe, I was single for 10-11 years before that. Plus she got pregnant (although the wedding was booked before we knew she was pregnant). Just thought why not, 2nd time is a charm lol

Comment

that why you have kids. do housework for you when they are young and help you out when you are old.
              (one of the many reasons i moved back in with my mum after she coded 3 times last winter)

Yep, my oldest is 18 in October and he just finished college/tech and looking to get a job, he better start saving, i want a decent retirement home and someone to look after his little sister when I am too old.

Comment

Don't get married- it's a trap!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatula View Post
                  Don't get married- it's a trap!

we know you love being married because your wife told you so.

Comment

The other day my sister was threatening to set me up with one of her friends because and I quote "you have been on your own for too long", I asked her what would be the point? The only advantage to getting hitched to someone is to raise children, and children will always be considered the mothers first, and the fathers second.
                    "That's not true", she said, only to fall silent when I added "So who gets the final say when it comes to your two?" (she has two kids from two different blokes. One of the blokes is a twat who is better off out of the kids life, but the other is a thoroughly decent man who, quite frankly, would have been a far better primary caregiver)

Comment

my sister realised when I was quite a bit younger it was a bad idea to set me up with people she knows.

but yeah I don't see the point in getting attached to someone, but then that's probably because I haven't found someone I can stand being around long term, meaning I get bored fast. also kids can get fucked I was a little cunt as a kid and I would put money on any kid I had would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post

Why on earth would I go and do something stupid like that?
                        I'm more of a free love person myself to be honest

#hippy

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I'm more of a free love person myself to be honest

#hippy
                          Shame all the lasses you see charge then

Comment

Originally posted by Dayve View Post

The proper way to raise a kid is any way where it gets looked after properly and loved. Doesn't matter if it's by a single man or a single woman, a man and a woman, two women or two men. The only things that matter are a loving environment and being properly looked after.
                            i dont care what the married couples dynamic is...what i am saying is that single parents cannot give kids the care/time/attention they need.

Comment

i dont care what the married couples dynamic is...what i am saying is that single parents cannot give kids the care/time/attention they need.
                              I disagree entirely.

Comment

Just because a child's parents are not married, does not equate with them being raised by single parents.

Comment

Working...
                                X