Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're all (probably) going to die.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Dayve the only reason our brain works the way it does due to the way it makes links during development, with biological computing tests it would be possible to have a CPU that can make links like our brain, but even then you can simulate the creation of links.

    the sad fact is we don't fully understand how the brain works to say we can't synthesize it is like saying we can never go to mars because no one has ever been.

    as for a computer being confined by rules, the human brain is confined by similar rules, that cause memories (after all learning is just a collection of memories) to link together in ways to make our personality and intelligence. make a basic program that can link together what it learns and make decisions based on it and you have a basic version of a brain. as our brain isn't "special" it's just a computer that uses stored data with a variable priority system to make everything we are, so if you make a program that can order data files in an arbitrary order of importance you basically have our brain, as we are nothing more than the sum of data entered into our brains over the course of our lives.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Belimawr View Post
      Dayve the only reason our brain works the way it does due to the way it makes links during development, with biological computing tests it would be possible to have a CPU that can make links like our brain, but even then you can simulate the creation of links.

      the sad fact is we don't fully understand how the brain works to say we can't synthesize it is like saying we can never go to mars because no one has ever been.

      as for a computer being confined by rules, the human brain is confined by similar rules, that cause memories (after all learning is just a collection of memories) to link together in ways to make our personality and intelligence. make a basic program that can link together what it learns and make decisions based on it and you have a basic version of a brain. as our brain isn't "special" it's just a computer that uses stored data with a variable priority system to make everything we are, so if you make a program that can order data files in an arbitrary order of importance you basically have our brain, as we are nothing more than the sum of data entered into our brains over the course of our lives.
      ya know....disney/pixars latest movie Inside Out illustrates exactly what you say there Bel.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by unclecid View Post

        ya know....disney/pixars latest movie Inside Out illustrates exactly what you say there Bel.

        but is it any good? I normally like a pixar film.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Belimawr View Post


          but is it any good? I normally like a pixar film.
          my girls (10 years old) loved it and it was engaging enough that i got a bit teary-eyed towards the end.
          it has also breached the $500 million (323 mill GBP) mark worldwide
          Last edited by unclecid; 24-07-15, 17:08.

          Comment


          • #35
            Interesting read them articles are. You should post more shit like this.

            Comment


            • #36
              Will do.

              Comment

              Working...
              X