Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or is this the shittest summer weather ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is this the shittest summer weather ever?

Not a bit of sunshine in all of June, plus unusually cold. First sunny day in July, immediately followed by a week of rain and cold (I had the heating on in the morning of July 10th because it was freezing), even now on 17th July it's sunny but there's a cold wind blowing.

In the middle of July it shouldn't matter if it's raining or windy, it should still be warm. But it's not, it's meh at best.

I believe the government is altering the weather somehow. Or maybe aliens. Or both, working together perhaps? wot u fink?

Been roasting around here for the last few weeks. Though I understand there was a storm with localised flooding just down the road!

Comment

It's been sunny here too (discounting last week). I think it was a lot worse last year.

Comment

been a couple of rainy days here and there, but has been a fair few scorchers the last few weeks.

come to the real north and you get good weather dayve.

Comment

lots more rain then normal here in coastal NC...makes it a bitch to run a mobile laser tag business.

Comment

NC....Newcastle?

Comment

Originally posted by JackRabbit View Post
              NC....Newcastle?

no one wants to go to that shit hole, it took a jury summons to get me there.

Comment

North Carolina?

Comment

Well I agree it has been the worst summer. So fucking hot and muggy here in Wales. I wish I was back up in Winterfell (Horden) where even the Summers are cold. I fucking hate the heat, I don't mind the sun, but the non stop humidity really fucks me off. I have a show, put on a clean shirt, sit down to play a game, stand up and it is stuck to my back. Put a fan on and it just circulates hot air.

People think I am trying to be funny when I say I wish I lived in Iceland, Greenland or New Foundland. But it is true, I am as South as I would ever wish to go heat wise.

Comment

I used to have those problems when I was big and fat.

But thanks to the appetite suppressing power of rollies and vigorous diet and lifestyle change, I can now walk a good 50 meters before breaking out in to an uncontrollable sweating fit.

Honestly I don't think it would matter how much weight I lost, I'd still be a sweaty bastard. I only have to think about moving and I start sweating.

Comment

Hate it when people complain about it being too warm.. can't fucking win. Love the sun, but it's just been pretty bland past month has in South Wales. Raining off and on for weeks now.

Comment

Another fan of the cold here. If you are cold you can always put on more clothes, but if you are hot there is a limit to how much you can take off.
                        And I'm so repressed I'm fairly certain I was born fully clothed.
                        Hell if I could wear clothes in the bath I probably would.
                        After all, I did once run a marathon in sweatpants.

Comment

What part of South Wales are you? Porthcawl has had a few days of rain this week, aside from that it has been hot and sunny, I even have a sun tan from walking the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Alm View Post
                            North Carolina?
                            yes North Carolina.
                            though i would much prefer to still be living in Arizona...such a wonderful climate.
                            spend summers in Prescott Valley where it rarely goes above 25C and spend winters in Phoenix where it rarely gets close to 0C.
                            the lack of humidity and bad weather makes it oh so nice.

Comment

Cold lover here too. Jr nails it- cold, put jumper on. Hot- take pants off, get arrested.

My dream holiday is one of the ice hotels. Or the trans Siberian express.

Comment

Working...
                              X